Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does a bow not stay sighted in what could be happening that I can prevent that. Because it is starting to wear me out. Help please it would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
588 Posts
Peep moving up / down? Anchor point not consistent? micro adjust not screwing down?

describe what is happening...shooting left / right / high / low?

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It shoots high and im using a spot hog hunter 7 pin. And feel like my anchor is good. The only thing that i really notice is my peep gets twisted it doesn't always come back straight and its served in. And could a d loop be squeezing onto my nock to much cause some trouble.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I dunno if its your issue but I attribute this to inconsistent form when I struggle with it. Somedays it seems like my sight is perfect, others it seems like I need to make an adjustment after every group. Ive noticed when I adjust I just chase the groups.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Bow could be out of tune.

·
Registered
51,092 Posts
What do you mean it keeps moving?????? Is it different everytime your out or does it change back once you adjust the sight???? Your to vague.
But I'm going to bet it has nothing to do with the bow or the sight and everything to do with you not being constant----------OR the bow is not properly set up and set to you-----this is a very good possibility as your peep is not set correctly. Nock pinch??????
You need to post more information with pictures from several angles or take it to a pro shop and have hands on help.

·
Registered
6,199 Posts
your d-loop is twisting around the string and most likely has the knots tied on the same side of the string. the knots need to be tied opposite each other. when the knots are on the same side , your string will twist . makes you think your peep is moving.

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
Knock pinch "d-loop to tight" will cause issues BUT those issues will still be somewhat consistent...Cams out of time will also cause issues but again they will still be somewhat consistent.
If you go out to shoot today and your say 3" high at 20yds every shot and you adjust your sight and get back on, then you go out tomorrow and your 6" high "or low" and you start adjusting your sight again then 99% of the time it's gonna be you that's the problem...Yes if the string/cables stretch it will cause issues like your point of impact moving, but even crap strings settle to a point and they don't move THAT much on a daily basis. More than likely your changing something in your shot from day to day, your anchor point is floating a little bit, you grip on the bow is changing because the grip doesn't fit you, your bow arm shoulder position is changing from day to day...You might have numerous issues with your bow setup but even a bow that's not set up properly and out of tune can still be shot fairly consistently by an archer with consistent form. Some pictures of you shooting at a target at shoulder height could prove to be very helpful in this case.

·
Registered
6,199 Posts
there seems to be alot of that consensos here, but sometimes there really is a problem with the equipment.

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
Yes there can be an issue with equipment but even then, like I explained above, it can still be somewhat consistent...now if your shooting a fall away rest and it's not working right and sometimes it comes all the way up and other times it doesn't it'll cause your POI to raise and lower. But from the sound of things I'd still say the first issue I'd look at is form and shot sequence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,199 Posts
now that was good info, and i realize people need to always consider there form , draw length and repetition of shot sequence, most of the guys on here do those things over and over to make sure its something else, like varmint sniper 30 says its wearing him out. if he wasnt a good shooter, he wouldnt call himself a sniper! i know youre being helpfull and i hope he gets it right.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
It shoots high and im using a spot hog hunter 7 pin. And feel like my anchor is good. The only thing that i really notice is my peep gets twisted it doesn't always come back straight and its served in. And could a d loop be squeezing onto my nock to much cause some trouble.
The peep twisting will have some affect, mostly right or left. Make sure your bow arm is extended the same each shot and make sure you are anchoring into the valley solid. Fatigue can also cause this.

·
Registered
PRO SHOP OWNER BOWTECH MATHEWS
3,058 Posts
i have 3 guys right now that are driving me nuts with things on the bow are moving and they have to keep adjusting things . these guys shoot a lot and have just plain out lost it and have no idea when there bow is acctually sighted in right . it very seldom is the equipment probably 95 pct archer . example the other day i adjusted this guys bow when he left it was as good as he was going to get at 20 yards . he comes in the next day and says im shooting 2 inches left can you move it over said no problem . ive done this like 3 days in a row so i figured id try something so i took his bow , walked back to the bench and made it look like i adjusted it , gave it back to him and said just relax and try it he comes back in and says i don't know what you did but its dead on . i told him when he gets done ill explain it to him . about a hour later he comes back i asked how he did and he says its all well what did you do . then i told him i didn't change a thing on his bow all i did was make it look like i did . its not the bow thats changing almost every time you shoot its you . but i still think he doesn,t get it .

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
It could be in your grip.Improper grip placement will let the bow kick back at release and shots will be high.Noch pinch at d-loop usually means shot will be low.Just trying to help.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok i think it could be my arm that is extended that is not being consistent. Cuz sometimes I'm having to bow my arm a little so the string doesn't graze me. What do i need to do to fix that

·
Registered
51,092 Posts
Ok i think it could be my arm that is extended that is not being consistent. Cuz sometimes I'm having to bow my arm a little so the string doesn't graze me. What do i need to do to fix that
That sounds like a tab bit long on the draw length.

·
Registered
PRO SHOP OWNER BOWTECH MATHEWS
3,058 Posts
make sure your draw length isn't to long or that your palming the handle causing you forearm to turn towards the bow .

1 - 20 of 26 Posts