Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought a new 09 Bow,

advertised ATA is 28 1/2" and BH is 7 3/8"

I measure my bow when I first recieved it the ATA is 28 1/16" and a BH of 7 5/8".

I am just getting sarted again after taking about 8 years off, so I am awaiting delivery of my scale to determine the DW and I have not shot the bow yet,

I am wondering if I need to buy new strings to make that much of a change, I suspect the OEM strings don't match the correct dimensions. or should I set up the bow with this as a starting point and see how it turns out.

My big concern is will this damage anything being shot like this, or will I lose significant performance with the bow not matching the OEM specs.

Thanks in advance.
E.

· Registered
14,546 Posts
well i would possibly talk to the dealer where you got it, if you just bought a brand new bowmadness like your sig says then take it back to the dealer and see what they say.

Other than that it may just need a few shots thru it and see if the strings need to settle, prolly take a few twist out wont hurt anything. you are measureing from center of axle to center of axle right? howd you get the .0000 4 ten thousand's of inch measurement LOL

· Registered
34,432 Posts
I have never had a bow come from a manufacture setup.....that's why people pay to get them setup or do it themselves. :wink:

· Registered
9,996 Posts
The specs on bows are and average spec. It will change with draw length and poundage and cam position. Set it up and shoot it 200 times to settle it in. Then check it's draw length, poundage, letoff and speed to see if it is doing what it should. Don't sweat the measurements to much. If it is reasonably close and is shooting good, you have your spec.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the Help

I will adjust it a little and see how it all settles out as I shoot.
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.