Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a hoyt katera xl 27" draw with Z3 cams. Hoyts tune chart says it's supposed to be 35" A2A with 7 1/8 BH at 27 " 70lbs. When I get the A2A down to 35" the BH is 7 1/4. And I can only get the bow to make 66lbs. Could the tune chart be wrong? This is getting to be very frustrating. Any ideas? Thanks everyone.

· Get Out
1,046 Posts
I wouldn't get so hung up over 1/8 of an inch. If it's shooting well then that is plenty close enough.

But if you want to be picky about it,
have you measured your strings?
synched the cams?
timed the draw stops?
set the draw length?

You can put a twist or two in both cables and bring the weight up.

· Registered
1,216 Posts
When you shortened the a-a did you twist the string, the cables or both? I would trust the tune charts, your missing 4 pounds tells that there is more work to do. Read the top thread in blue above. Are you measuring the bh to the grip or to the rest mounting hole? Normally, as mentioned above, to increase your dw you shorten the cables and then reset your dl to 27" with the string.

· Registered
1,479 Posts
If you twisted the cable you may have put cams out of timing, Check on search for cam timing for hoyts, javi has a post on there for [email protected] half,which is same set up for yours in timing. Also very hard to get it to prfect specs just get it close as possible, if shoot well you should be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.