Hoyt Axius Ultra
Hogwire Strings (X99)
Nock On Riddance Stabilizer (8in)
QAD Integrate Rest
Black Gold Ascent Verdict (Single Pin)

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Bowtech Reckoning 35. Bareshaft at 20, group at 50, and Bareshaft at 40. It is a shooter for sure.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
864 Posts
My trx is slowly coming together. Trx 7, 30/12 conquest stabilizers with white wraps, conquest moab mount, just got in my ultraview scope today, and awaiting my green shibuya carbon sight and white strings with flo green servings. Probably going to swap the rest out for a hamskea as well

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Bowtech Reckoning 35. Bareshaft at 20, group at 50, and Bareshaft at 40. It is a shooter for sure.
Rob,

Your sight must weigh a lot more than mine. I can't run my back bar weight out to the side like yours. I basically go straight back because I get too much pressure on the inside of my bow hand with the weight out at all.

Only bow I've ever had that with a hunting sight and a quiver full of arrows balances pretty even and possibly still a little to the left.

With my target tackle I've never got my Reck to balance just right. I need to get a v-bar bracket to try but I've been sidelined with an elbow injury for a year and just started shooting again and I'm fatigued holding the bow up for 30 arrows.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Robspartacus

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Rob,

Your sight must weigh a lot more than mine. I can't run my back bar weight out to the side like yours. I basically go straight back because I get too much pressure on the inside of my bow hand with the weight out at all.

Only bow I've ever had that with a hunting sight and a quiver full of arrows balances pretty even and possibly still a little to the left.

With my target tackle I've never got my Reck to balance just right. I need to get a v-bar bracket to try but I've been sidelined with an elbow injury for a year and just started shooting again and I'm fatigued holding the bow up for 30 arrows.

Ha! That kicked out? That is before I ended up adding more front weight and taking 5 ounces off the back. My bar kicks out way worse (about an inch further now). It is not to offset the sight weight. I am gorilla handed (at rest my knuckles are forward, not palm to my side). Basically, I have some very weird twist in my arms. Everybody I know who has tried to shoot any of my bows are in shock by how, when drawn, wants to tilt HARD left. They always look at me and ask how I can possibly shoot the bow. When I draw the bow stands upright and depending on the shot, I have to actually slightly tilt the bow left more to get my bubble center. And yes, all my axis adjustments are perfect. If I try and shoot anybody elses bows I have to really twist to get the bow upright as they always lean hard right. I am just weird built I suppose.

Sorry about your elbow. Hope it gets stronger soon. I have heard a ton about V Bar set ups on the Reckoning. For me, I don't believe the biggest problem with balance is the bars at all. I believe it is the Clutch grip. I have on order a Tim Gillingham 9 degree grip that, In my mind, should clean up all my issues (which are few because this bow is a beast).

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Ha! That kicked out? That is before I ended up adding more front weight and taking 5 ounces off the back. My bar kicks out way worse (about an inch further now). It is not to offset the sight weight. I am gorilla handed (at rest my knuckles are forward, not palm to my side). Basically, I have some very weird twist in my arms. Everybody I know who has tried to shoot any of my bows are in shock by how, when drawn, wants to tilt HARD left. They always look at me and ask how I can possibly shoot the bow. When I draw the bow stands upright and depending on the shot, I have to actually slightly tilt the bow left more to get my bubble center. And yes, all my axis adjustments are perfect. If I try and shoot anybody elses bows I have to really twist to get the bow upright as they always lean hard right. I am just weird built I suppose.

Sorry about your elbow. Hope it gets stronger soon. I have heard a ton about V Bar set ups on the Reckoning. For me, I don't believe the biggest problem with balance is the bars at all. I believe it is the Clutch grip. I have on order a Tim Gillingham 9 degree grip that, In my mind, should clean up all my issues (which are few because this bow is a beast).
I actually love the Clutch. It's the closest thing to my favorite grip which is the grip on my PSE. It's the narrowest grip I've ever felt. A lot of people hated it.

I still don't think I shoot my Reck as good as I shoot my PSE but I've had moments with it that have kept me from getting rid of it.

Last week at my weekly league I was on fire until about half way through and I was in the lead by quite a bit. Then I got fatigued and didn't even make top 3.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
I actually love the Clutch. It's the closest thing to my favorite grip which is the grip on my PSE. It's the narrowest grip I've ever felt. A lot of people hated it.

I still don't think I shoot my Reck as good as I shoot my PSE but I've had moments with it that have kept me from getting rid of it.

Last week at my weekly league I was on fire until about half way through and I was in the lead by quite a bit. Then I got fatigued and didn't even make top 3.

Been there and done that. My first ever indoor round (1st tournament and never shot a Vegas face) i was smashing X end after end until I crashed and burned around end 7. Was shooting a Hoyt ProForce at the time and won the first half of the tournament (indoor 3D). I just knew I was gonna win big on the 3D and shoot a 300 round. Immediately I started dropping 9s, 8s, and it was down hill from there. Indoor is a Marathon, not a sprint.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

141 - 160 of 203 Posts