Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing all the nice bow presses on here that you all have built, I figured I would give it a try. It was easier building the press than putting the picture on here ( that I had to have help with :mg: ).

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
That looks pretty slick! Got any specifications on the thing?

Nice job,

Chad

·
Registered
991 Posts
Saw a brand new EZ Press at my PSE dealers shop. Those fingers are made from aluminum also. Could it be that everyone is "overbuilding" their fingers by cutting them out of 1/2" steel plate? I like the aluminum fingers...much easier to work with, and lighter.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I'm sure the aluminum is strong enough, but I wonder about the adjustment screws threaded into the aluminum. I could see those possibly stripping loose.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
aluminum fingers

I am sure that aluminum is fine, plenty strong enough. Actually there is less chance of the aluminum damaging the limbs since it is a soft material than steel. If the tapped holes ever strip out you could install heli-coils in them, but I do not think there will ever be a problem. If you would use fine thread bolts there would be less of a chance for stripping. Just my two cents!!!
But what does a welder know anyway????

·
Registered
458 Posts
I am sure that aluminum is fine, plenty strong enough. Actually there is less chance of the aluminum damaging the limbs since it is a soft material than steel. If the tapped holes ever strip out you could install heli-coils in them, but I do not think there will ever be a problem. If you would use fine thread bolts there would be less of a chance for stripping. Just my two cents!!!
But what does a welder know anyway????
From what I am told not near as much as an engineer! :mg:

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
Looks good

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
From what I am told not near as much as an engineer! :mg:
Ouch, touche'!

I like the idea of lighter weight, and better shine of the alu... check out the $20 DIY press idea... simple and fast for guys with multiple bows of different AtoA...

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
lol a welder builds things that work a engineer draws stuff that cant be built lmao

1 - 12 of 12 Posts