Archery Talk Forum banner

Bow press question

350 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Capt Billy
I have an old 1980's era Martin Wart Hog Magnum with no specs written on it. As suggested I called the factory and they could offer no help. They said there was no way to look up the bow by the stock numbers written on it. They did suggest that I take it to a dealer and have it put on a bow press. They said he could then tell me the draw weight and length. Is this true?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,094 Posts
You do not need a bow press to get that info. A bow scale will tell you the weight and to measure DL come to full draw with an arrow and have someone mark the arrow at the center of the berger hole (rest mount hole). Let it down, measure from the groove in the nock to the mark on the arrow and add 1 3/4". This will be the draw length.

· Registered
163 Posts
They do stretch. To get a new string you may find a company that will have the specs for that bow or you can just send them the lenghts and let them sort it out. Without the factory lenghts of the strings and cables that is kind of a guessing game

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.