Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, it seems apparent that if I'm going to be self-sufficient, I need a press, one that will let me actually do complete tear downs, and my experience with a portable press that would let me do that was not exactly encouraging...

I can tear down the Martin without a press, but it still takes a whole lot more time to set things up and make adjustments compared to just putting it in a press.

I've got a PSE and a Martin, and will likely continue to do so in the future. I like both companies' products for different reasons, will probably buy their products in the future, but may buy other products, or at least would like to have the option :) Who knows, you might see me on YouTube with my shirt off shooting a paramilitary-marketed bow and yelling, "OOOOOOoooohh! Right in the neck! It's a shooter!"

So, like all, I'd rather not spend the money if I have to, but I want to be able to do everything. Sound familiar?

Presses via PSE website for a starting list...

1. EZ Press by Last Chance Archery $600

I've used this press. I like this press. However, it's on the higher priced side, and doesn't do anything other than press.

2. HTM Presses $350.00-$700.00

I can't really tell from their website which models do exactly what and why. I sent e-mails...

3. E.L.P. Bowpress by L.A. Archery $529

This press looks really impressive.:wink: I watched a video using it, but it was pretty low resolution with crappy light. I was hoping to get some insight into it. It seems really versatile. One thing I noticed is that it does not press at the limb tips, but closer to the middle, which would concentrate flexing closer to the pockets, i would think. Is that a problem?

If I can get just as good for less, I'm all ears. But, if I have to save up to get something I know I'll be happy with, so be it.

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks for this, and for all of the other info you Bow Tuning regulars have provided. This is better than school!

·
Registered
244 Posts
press

look up toad400 and his presses. I have his linear press and at $250 shipped it's a bargain.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Check out the Bow-A-Constrictor from Buckeye Archery Solutions. It presses every bow out there and also has an optional Quick Draw-n-Tune accessory to check draw length and cam timing. Pm DBLlungIT he is the gentleman that manufactures them. Also check out the website buckeyearcherysolutions.com

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
The ELP press with the limb tip attachment will press at the axles.

I have used all the major brand presses extensively, and owned a SureLoc personally. I now own the ELP and couldn't be happier.

Between the standard press and the tip attachments, it will press any bow or crossbow out there.

With the Time Machine attachment, you can time the cams at the press vs. a draw board.

Absolutely the best press I have used.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Nite Hawk press

I would recommend you look at the Nite Hawk Press.

It presses at the tips of the limbs and down the center of the limbs so it presses both sides of the limbs equally. It is simple to use too. Cost less then $100.00. Does all repairs.

Go to www.nitehawkarchery.com And watch the videos.

Merry Christmas

Attachments

·
bowaholic
1,964 Posts
I have a E.L.P. and love it. Just like Mike said you have everything right there at the press to do all your tuning and it's easy to adjust.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts