Archery Talk Forum banner

Bow press

716 Views 8 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  turkeytom
I am looking into making my own bow press. I like the Apple Archery style the best. Does anyone have plans to a similar press or any other press? Thanks
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
344 Posts
What do you want the press for is my first question. I have one of those hand held presses that uses a wire and turnbuckle thing and it works awsome. I can have my bow completely apart in less than 5 minutes. However, if your looking to do alot of bows then that's a different story.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a Mathews Drenalin bow that I plan on pressing to do minor work, i.e. peep adjustments, re-serving etc... I guess I also envisioned my buddies bringing their bows (all have parrallel limbs) over also because our local archery shop nickels and dimes you for every little thing they can. A new winners choice string at the shop with the cat whiskers, peep, drop away rest reserved will cost you upwards of $150.

From the replies I have received on here I think the easiest to build and the most universal press would be something like the Omni press. Thanks for all the replies!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.