Archery Talk Forum banner

Bow Quiver suggestions, need something quiet (screw in bowquiver)

1251 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  kballer1
Hey guys hope you are all having a wonderful day.

I ended up getting a Kwikee 6 arrow quiver and the quiver is very loud when I shoot with it on my bow and is even worse with arrows in it. There's just too much rattling.

I love the extra heft it gives to my riser and the way it functions but It's just too noisy.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a bow quiver in the $30-$40 range that has a foam insert or rubber hood (to keep arrow rattle out of the picture) and is easy to pop arrows out and into? The Kwikee quiver can also be a pain to slide my arrows into the grooves.

I'd like for the quiver to be able to hold at least 6 arrows if possible, thanks in advance for any suggestions.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
396 Posts
In the past I have had good luck with TruGlo quivers, Carbon XS and Loc-Down, that have two arrow holders and the PSE Raven quiver that came with my current bow (very similar to the TruGlo). All quiet, hold arrow securely, and the dual arrow holders make it easy to get arrow in (just pop them on and slide up). The Raven and Loc-Down are in your price range and the Carbon XS just above.

· Registered
127 Posts
Good afternoon. I have never actually shot with my quiver on my bow because I do a lot of stand hunting and to be honest I have never been in that situation but I have recently went with the tight spot quiver. it is pricey so if you have a very strict budget then you might not want this one. I like it because when it is attached to your bow it does so in a very low profile manner and close to the bow. I really like the way the quiver slides onto the receiver and locks down. I have shot my bow with it on and is very quite. the only draw back is most bows will have to have this spacer or standoff in order to adapt the quiver and every thing to the bow but I think it is money well spent..

· Banned
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses guys, I'm going to take a look into the quivers suggested so far. Seems like most of the rattling comes from the arrows not being jammed hard enough perfectly into the plastic arrow quiver head

· Registered
127 Posts
one thing that you might find interesting about the tight spot quiver is that the area or slots in which the arrow shaft snaps into has this setup that features like a dove tail type mechanism that has a set screw in the middle that allows you to adjust the tightness of that area. so you can adjust it if you start shooting an arrow that has a smaller diameter shaft and then maybe go with a larger od. Now I am sure some will find potential issues with this but I like it myself.

· Registered
23,014 Posts
What you need is a 2 piece quiver, the reason the others are so noisey is that more than 1/2 of the arrows are hanging out & vibration. I have several made by Bow Tech that are 8 arrow for when I am out west hunting. I might have an extra new one I will look & send PM if I do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.