Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

· Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought I would share the bow rack I made from an old pallet. I’m eventually going to hang it on the wall and put a bow hanger on the lower right side to hang my compound from.
Edit to answer some questions and added updated photos. This is the natural weather of the wood I didn’t use any stain or finish. Just literally took the pallets apart, cut to length I wanted, and skrewed together. Not sure what kind of pallet it was but the cross beams were heavy rough cut 2x4s that I’m pretty sure are some kind of hard wood, it was tough to drive the skrews in I sheared probably 5 skrews making it.
the slats were also heavier than a standard pallet and looked to be made of 1x6 or 1x4

The deer is from Ohio
Antler Hunting Hare
Metal
Antler Hunting Hare
Metal

· Registered
5,146 Posts
I like it very rustic! oh and based on the orientation of the pictures I'm guessing you're using an iphone? Not sure why apple can't seem to figure out based on gravity what end is up on their phones but it seems to be beyond them.

· Registered
3 Posts
I like it very rustic! oh and based on the orientation of the pictures I'm guessing you're using an iphone? Not sure why apple can't seem to figure out based on gravity what end is up on their phones but it seems to be beyond them.
Wow.... really glad you mentioned this—I didn't notice that the photos were sideways and spent a while trying to figure out how those bows were staying on there! :)

very, very cool project!

· Registered
51 Posts
How do you keep the bows floating like that and why did you hang that mount sideaways?

· Registered
813 Posts
Nice job!! Love the look of it.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts