Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just read another thread that mentioned 'bow shock' . i have shot on and off for a long time and have never been aware of 'shock' when shooting . am i just not recognizing in it or does it really not exist? secondly i use a long stabilizer and the only reason is because it's nice to load arrows with bow resting on stabilizer.i am skeptical [is spelling close] about stabilizers serving any other useful purpose and yes i have shot without it and see no difference .short stabilizers in my mind are just something more to sell .in case you need to know :30in.,44lb.,fingers .

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,327 Posts
Go shoot some of the more Parallel limbed bows and then some older bows and you see what they are calling "bow shock".
I have an older Parker (1999) and campared to my BowTech Tribute...the Parker feels like a fire cracker going off in my hand.

Shoot a Tribute, Mathews Switchback, Hoyt Trykon,... (the list could grow pretty long). You see what they are talking about.

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
The shock in the new bows is fairly minimal, but shoot something that is 10 years old and more than likely, it will buck pretty good compared to the newer stuff.

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
have a browning 'pro 600' i'm trying to sell [offers?] and a hoyt 'provantage' both are 10+
years old and believe me i don't experience a ''shock'' when shooting [other than seeing where my arrow has ended up] . not knocking new bows but they look like sci-fi weapons and i don't think i could buy one ,also a to a is to short .thanks for replies.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
big cypress said:
just read another thread that mentioned 'bow shock' . i have shot on and off for a long time and have never been aware of 'shock' when shooting . am i just not recognizing in it or does it really not exist? secondly i use a long stabilizer and the only reason is because it's nice to load arrows with bow resting on stabilizer.i am skeptical [is spelling close] about stabilizers serving any other useful purpose and yes i have shot without it and see no difference .short stabilizers in my mind are just something more to sell .in case you need to know :30in.,44lb.,fingers .
Man if I shoot without a stab you would think I had a drinking problem.I'm very shaky less a stab.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I never experienced hand shock with my SB1 till I fired off my Sabre XL back to back with it. As soon as I went back to the SB1 I felt it. It's one of those things you don't notice till it's gone.
whodat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts