Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my new bow (Darton Tempest Ext) zeroed in and noticed a difference in how it shoots with the attached quiver and 4 arrows vs. without the quiver/4 arrows.

I initially tuned it in WITHOUT the quiver and arrows attached to the bow. All was well and very consistent bulleyes. However, when I attached the quiver (quikee quick connect) to the bow, my arrow placement was consistently OFF (high an to the left). I made sure the quiver was secured with locking knob.

Once I removed the quiver/arrows, the accuracy returned to my initial result of center bulls. I'm glad I discovered this so I can remove the quiver when hunting. I never noticed that much of a difference on my old bow.:confused:

Has anyone had this experience? Can this be considered normal or am I'm missing something? Just wanted to get a gut check before the opener!

Thanks in advance!

t~:confused:

·
Banned
910 Posts
you are probably torqueing the grip a lil bit to compensate for the dramatic shift in balance. I have a xtra kwikee quiver bracket screwed to the outside of my seat climber.I just use a quiver to get a few bow bullets from the truck to the tree.

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
I never hunt with a quiver attached. In fact I haven't shot a bow with a quiver on it in a long time for this very reason....plus there is no need to add the extra weight to a bow while shooting. It throws the balance of the bow off and your bow will be louder.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You wouldn't think something like that would throw the bow off but apparently is can. Thanks for your input. I plan on removing the quiver when I reach my stand.

Have a good hunt this season!

t~

·
Registered
27 Posts
W/quiver vs. w /o quiver

I always had the same problem and some times when I hunt from the ground it wasn't practicle to remove the quiver. I purchased the Fuse posi lite quiver and it is so light and quiet that you don't even know it is on the bow. I love it and now my arrows are always with in easy reach. Fuse makes two different posi lite quivers one holds 4 arrows and the other one holds 6 arrows. They cost more than most other brands but the advantage is worth the extra cost. You can check them out on the Hoyt web site.:thumbs_up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts