Archery Talk Forum banner

Bow Shopping

465 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  stahlt65
I am shopping for a new bow this spring and have a few questions. So far I have shot the AR31, Outback and Switchback. They all shoot very smooth with very little vibration or noise. My question is whether or not the Matthews bows offer any additional features than the AR's for the price difference, I am not very knowledgeable about the technical aspects of the bows? Also, what other bows would you recommend looking at? I would still like to try the Hoyt VTec and the new PSE Vengeance. I have only shot PSE for years but am looking at the others this year. Any help and advise would be greatly appreciated.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
811 Posts
Best advice that I can offer.......

is to keep shooting. You will eventually find one that "speaks to you" and you will just have to have it. Buying a bow is somewhat of a major purchase and is not to be taken lightly. Do yourself a favor and perservere through the research before ou lay down your hard earned plastic card.

Good luck

Dan.

· Registered
538 Posts
all of these are good bows, shoot them all to find the one you like best. dont make the mistake of buying one that seems almost as good as your favorite just because its less money.you may find you start wishing you took your first pick. If you want proshop support make sure you buy from a shop that will take care of your needs, in the end that may be more important then which bow you end up with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.