Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions on a used bow. Im looking to buy a three year old hunting bow. I would like it to be fast but even more important , I am looking for a smooth draw. I have a bad shoulder and would like the cam to be easy at the start and at the finish of the cycle. No sudden drop off at end. Thanks in advance for your help!!!

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have no experience with this bow BUT I have heard great things about Parker EzDraw from people with shoulder injuries. It is supposed to be super smooth and a good shooter.

Other then that, you should find good deals on Hoyt, Bowtech, Mathews, and any other quality bow in the AT classifieds.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
GO Parker

I had a Parker Mag Hunter I think back in 03' but I remember it being a smooth draw and a pretty good shooter too.

·
7,984 Posts
3 words....

New Martin Bengal

With the vipro cams, it has an ultra smooth draw, the same as my Rytera Bullet. And the Bengal is priced right along the same as some used bows. It is worth you checking out anyway. :)

·
Registered
775 Posts
i'd say bowtech, even though i dont have one i was shooting a liberty and a justice both at 72lbs like it was nothing. I was really impressed

·
Registered
224 Posts
A three yr old Bowtech will get into the infinity cam which is not really that smooth when you reach the letoff. I have an 03 Tech29 and it is not as smooth of a draw as some of the newer bows out there. You definetly want to find something with a more rounded cam not a hatchet type cam. (hope I described that right)

·
Broke and Happy
5,001 Posts
brandon78 said:
i'd say bowtech, even though i dont have one i was shooting a liberty and a justice both at 72lbs like it was nothing. I was really impressed
Completely agree! I love my 2004 Bowtech Liberty and the main reason is because of the smooth draw. I also shoot 70lbs and it easier to draw than other bows at 55-60lbs. I had it on 63lbs. and that was just crazy how smooth and easy it was to draw. I would recommend a BT Liberty......... :thumbs_up

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Find a used AR. I bought and sold bows on here every couple of months or so. I got an AR-34 and have had it for a while. It's very under-rated and you can get one for a great price. Do a search, you'll find no gripes or problems.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I have shot so many different bows its not funny and the one that always is the smoothest and quietest is Mathews....If you can find one to fit You.....You cant go wrong...Bowtech and hoyt are no comparison.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts