Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I need some recommendations I’m looking at the Black gold rush 7 pin, the CBE Tactical hybrid 3 pin, or the HHA optimizer lite 1 pin. I currently shoot a truglo rival hunter DDP 5 pin. Should I keep what I have or get some thing else. I’m in Maine, probably going to shoot less that 30 yards, but I’m from California and want to shoot some mule deer, elk, or pronghorns. Or should I get some new arrows, I currently shoot 250 Carbon Express mayhem hunters. Thank all for your advice!!

Semper Fi

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
If the arrows are flying true then keep them. As for the sight, I’m a black gold guy. I think you would benefit from a 3 pin slider. You’d have your 3 fixed for Maine hunting and the slider for California style. I have a single pin head and 3 pin head for my black gold slider. You could go that route too. Good luck and thanks for your service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the arrows are flying true then keep them. As for the sight, I’m a black gold guy. I think you would benefit from a 3 pin slider. You’d have your 3 fixed for Maine hunting and the slider for California style. I have a single pin head and 3 pin head for my black gold slider. You could go that route too. Good luck and thanks for your service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
Bowtech Realm X and PSE Inertia 50lbs
4,265 Posts
I like my 5 pin DDP, not sure what you will gain going to something else

1 - 5 of 5 Posts