Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read an article in a bowhunting mag and it said there were many benefits to using a bow sling, so i went out and bought one, but my question is how tight should it be? loosely around my wrist or snug enough i can barely get my hand out? and will i really see a difference in my groups by using one?

·
Registered
674 Posts
I assume your talking about wrist slings. I snug mine down, it is a reference point for me, I know the exact feel when I lock down. I don't want it to pinch, I want to know it is there, letting my brain know that when I shoot, that I'm not going to drop my bow.

Your groups "should" improve, it will allow you to relax your bow hand, and reduce torque on your bow, creating a more consistant release.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
My last bow had a sling on it that allowed me to shoot with more of a relaxed form. This current bow I don't have a sling and have been putting it off thinking I may not need it. However, I find that I tend to "torque" my bow on the first couple shots during practice. I, like Kildog, will probably go ahead and get back on the sling. Thanks for the reminder.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Kildog,

What kind of sling do you have?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
camo fleece but i have been thinking about one that does not collect and hold as much scent...what do you think?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I'd leave it alone. Sprinkle some Baking Soda on it every once in a Blue moon and the scent will be fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts