Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just wondering if you guys have a strap or something to carry your bow on? I live in stalking country so i will do a lot of walking(up to 12 miles in 4 hours) so by the end of that my arm is tired just from carrying my bow. was wondering if there is anything i can change to help this? thanks

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I have a Primos bow sling and you can buy them or a Cabelas brand bow sling at their site. They work great and make carrying the bow a heck of a lot easier for spot/stalk and long hikes....

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Primos Bow Sling

I also noticed some fatique from hand carrying my bow into the woods some distance. My walks ususally aren't longer than 20 minutes but that still was enough to wear a bit on my arms. Primos sling seems to be a great cheap investment.

·
Registered
16,024 Posts
I'd say you should slow down a bit and you would see more deer and conserve on energy so holding on to your bow would be easier. Twelve miles in four hours is a hike not a hunt:confused:

·
Archer
2,365 Posts
I bought an Allen sling

I bought a couple at Walmart for $5 last year and I love them. They look like this:

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
I use a belt hook, works pretty good and you're ready to shoot without taking a sling off. I don't get all this high-speed travel thru the woods though, do you see deer that way?

·
Primum Non Nocere
6,439 Posts
Another vote for the Primos bow sling...

·
Registered
815 Posts
I love the primos bow sling!

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
tttlll77 said:
You may want to check out the Balcom bow sling. Iv'e used one for years and wouldn't go hunting without it...
Ditto!! I like the Balcom hook and sling also:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts