·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the quickest you have seen?

·
Registered
441 Posts
I was at a local bow shop getting a new rest put on my bow and some new serving when the shop owner and another guy got talking about dual cams, single cams and speed---the shop owner goes in his office and brings out his high country bow dual cam (don't remember model) and shoots it thru the chronograph--and pops a whopping 356 fps with a 5575 gold tip arrow----then he finishes my bow--shoots it thru and Iget a big 249 fps.

I don't really remember exactly but I think the other guy was critisizing dual cams bows compared to the single cams.

todd

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Rayland,
At what AMO draw length and arrow weight? Did you measure them yourself? I'm curious because:
At 30"/70#/350grs I don't buy it........I had one and the best I could get at 71#/30" (which actually measured 31" AMO) and a 350gr arrow exactly was 327fps That was with a string loop only.
Still quite fast, but I have yet to see one shoot OVER 330fps let alone break 340?.

If you are talking strictly IBO specs:

The fastest bow I've ever owned and personally saw shot was my 2001 BowTech Pro38 Dual Cam.
At 70#(measured) 30" draw (measured 30.25"AMO) and an exactly 350gr arrow I got 336fps consistently and that was with a string loop only as well.
Bare string would have put this bow probably just a hair under or right at 340fps.
Not too shabby for a bow only rated to 338fps and with a 6 3/4" brace height!

(I got those speeds thru 2 completely different chronographs also).

This bow also would peak out at 75# (I had to turn it down to get 70#) I wish i would have shot it at 75# to see if it would break 340fps.

Hellish fast bow and very quiet considering the sick power it was putting out.

·
Registered
20,621 Posts
Fastest regular bow(not a souped up experimental)I ever saw was this year.
2003 Hoyt SuperTec Spiral cam & 1/2
31.5" draw
84#
420gr. arrow
342fps

I think Bowtech makes bows that are faster, but they have yet to take off in my area.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what is the farthest distance i should shoot if my bow is shooting about, 295fps. I lost alot of speed when I put some stuff to silence my bow. so I am curious on how far I should shoot or take the farthest shot.

·
Registered
114 Posts
okdogdoc said:
I was at a local bow shop getting a new rest put on my bow and some new serving when the shop owner and another guy got talking about dual cams, single cams and speed---the shop owner goes in his office and brings out his high country bow dual cam (don't remember model) and shoots it thru the chronograph--and pops a whopping 356 fps with a 5575 gold tip arrow----then he finishes my bow--shoots it thru and Iget a big 249 fps.

I don't really remember exactly but I think the other guy was critisizing dual cams bows compared to the single cams.

todd
I don't know what model it is, but High Country has a Bow that is claimed to get 400 fps. I have the catalog at home and will post what model it is.

Rob

·
Registered
281 Posts
The fastest bow that I have ever had the privelege of shooting was a 2001 Bowtech Pro 38 single cam. At a 70 lb draw weight with a 31 inch draw length and a 365 grain arrow I was shooting right around 323-324 fps if I remember correctly. I have not chronoed any of my more recent bows so I do not know how they would stack up with a similar setup...though I doubt they would be close.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts