Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me preface this by saying, I know there are a lot of variable to the following question.

How much affect would gaining 20 - 25 fps have on yardage misses (how much could I miss judge yardage and still be a "10") and pin gaps?

Also, would the difference be worth the cost of a new bow, for target shooting and hunting to you?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
I recently went from a 264 fps setup to a 321 fps setup. Both bows use the same sight. On the slower bow, the distance from the 20 yard pin to the 50 yard pin is almost exactly the same as the pin gap from 20 to 60 is on the fast bow. And on the fast bow, if you put the 50 yard pin on the center of a deer's chest; the 40 yard pin is still a high chest hit and the 60 yard pin is still a low chest hit. On the slower bow, both the 40 and 60 yard pins are off the animal when the 50 yard pin is in the middle.

I guess you could figure a 25 fps increase would be a little less than 1/2 of the improvement I got with my setup. I would suspect that, for shooting 40 yards and in, there isn't enough difference to amount to much.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts