Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
(aka lug nut)
54,454 Posts
Admittedly, I am a newbie when it comes to strings and cables!

I had a Hoyt Cybertec stashed in an archery case for several years. I recently opened the case to find that the control cable had parted. I ordered new strings and cables and proceeded to install them, but am unable to achieve the alignment of the dual track idler the manual requires. The new string and buss cable were marginally shorter than the old ones, but I ascribe that to stretch of these old cables.
You have the Hoyt Redline single cam system. The rigging is incorrect for a single cam bow.

Font Bicycle part Fashion accessory Art Metal

You have no control cable on a single cam bow.
You have a buss cable also called YOKE cable, cuz there are two yoke legs that attach to the top axle...this is the Y shaped cable.

You have a super long single cam bowstring. Your bowstring starts at the cam on the bottom axle, and runs all the way to the metal thingy on the top axle (IDLER wheel) and that super long single cam string runs all the way back down to the cam on the bottom axle.

Font Parallel Pattern Number Rectangle

So your bowstring is SUPER long because it is a single cam bowstring,
and your bowstring should be 93.5 inches long.

The Buss cable (yoke cable, shaped like a Y) should be 41.5 inches long.

Attachments

·
(aka lug nut)
54,454 Posts
Your bowstring is routed incorrectly.

Follow the YELLOW line to route your bowstring correctly.
With the riser on your right,
BOTH ends of the single cam bowstring, need to run around the cam in the COUNTER_clockwise direction.

Bicycle handlebar Wood Bicycle part Bicycle fork Electrical wiring

With the riser on your LEFT,
both ends of the single cam bowstring, must run around the cam on the bottom axle, in the CLOCKWISE direction.

·
(aka lug nut)
54,454 Posts
SUCCESS! Since it was the control cable that parted, I had no clue as to its routing. I had inadvertently routed it around the appropriate cam lobe backwards. Getting that straightened out has everything looking good once more!

Thanks for your help!
First picture was SILVER cam and ROUND idler wheel up top.

THIS photo is a black cam, so you posted different photos.

For a hybrid cam, which is a buss cable and control cable,
on the bottom cam, the control cable runs around the bottom cam in the same direction as the bowstring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts