Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Elite GT500 and need a new string for it. Has anyone used any other strings on their Elite bows, and if so have you had any problems? The only reason I'm asking is because I just got off the phone with Elite, and they said that allot of string makers have a hard time meeting their tolerances and it ends up causing problems.

I would like to order a set of Proline strings and cables but just want to know that I'm not going to have problems. Any input here would be appreciated.

Thanks,

·
Registered
29 Posts
Me too

I have an Elite GT500 and I have shot maybe 500 arrows and my Elite strings are worn and look a little frayed. The cable slide is wearing out the string.

I am looking for a quality string set as well.

Sib2009

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
Strings

John's custom or Proline are excllent strings and will more that exceed anything that Elite has put on their bows- Crackers is great and so is Terminal
Velocity but you have a hard time getting them to send you any as they mostly deal with stringing and tuning bows in house.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Breathn as known on the forums..AKA John's Custom Bowstrings are TOPS..I have never had a better set of strings on My GT500. They were nothing short of Exceptional!:):wink:

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
As long as string and cables are made of 452x type material you ought to be good.

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
John's Customs "Breathn on here" are top notch and John has done alot of Elite's over the past few years...His are way better than any other stock strings Elite or anyone else uses.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
As long as string and cables are made of 452x type material you ought to be good.
They also have to have the right amount of strands. And they must have a certain diam. halo serving..which John's Custom Bowstrings is very familiar with. I'd definitely use his strings.

·
Registered
296 Posts
If you contact "Fabulous 1" on here he could help you out. He is one of the top elite dealers in the u.s.a and has made numerous sets of strings for elite bows. I have a set on my gt500 and must say they are the best strings I have ever had.

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
Bowstrings

Nope- Material is only a part of strings- The skill, equipment and know how is what make 452X into a great bowstring- 452X doesn't do a bit of good if it is not prestreched, right length or serving falls off. Look up custom strings and you will find several and their opinions- But I know John's aka Breathn is top notch.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
I had a 09 GT 500 and put Bucknastys with halo servings on it,tuned it back quickly and it shot great,and they held up much better for me than the factory set.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I've got Bucknasty strings on my Synergy XT. Put a couple hundred shoots through them so far and qualtiy is top notch. Peep is where I set it at setup and hasn't rotated. Can't say the same for the strings that were on there previously.

Craig

·
Registered
230 Posts
PRO-LINE and never look back......

·
Breathn
12,517 Posts
ttt

well thanks to everyone for the vote of confidence..I really appreciate it...
Elite requires all 24 strand 452x with halo servings on the gt500..pretty much every string maker on AT can do that with no trouble..all the ones mentioned in this thread are awesome and will work great..just your choice in wich one to go with..pm me if you need any help from me..

thanks

1 - 20 of 25 Posts