Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have An 05 Matthews Switchback Thinking Of Replacing Strings With A Winners Choice Or Going Back With The Zebra Baracuda.

Can You Guys Give Me Opinions On The Strings? Lots Of People Tell Me To Go With Winners Choice. I Had Peep Problems With The Zebras. I Will Appreciate Your Opinions.

There Is Also Stone Mountain Dakota Anybody Tried These.

·
Remember.. Archery is fun
3,323 Posts
BigTexHunter said:
I Have An 05 Matthews Switchback Thinking Of Replacing Strings With A Winners Choice Or Going Back With The Zebra Baracuda.

Can You Guys Give Me Opinions On The Strings? Lots Of People Tell Me To Go With Winners Choice. I Had Peep Problems With The Zebras. I Will Appreciate Your Opinions.

Do a search here on AT for 'Strings'. Lots of info.

Nick

·
Registered
275 Posts
I've used the Stone Moutain strings, for long time. Have work well for me.:wink:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Stone Mtn is not a bad string, I have used them four about 3yrs on my Legacy /// still look good (I shoot about 2-3 times per wk)

However, I now 3d with a Bowtec///VaporTrail are great, I gained about 10 fps and they have a pretty good warrenty///I am sold and just ordered them for my Legacy (I cut a strand other wise would not have replaced yet).

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
most all after market string will do well. the best for ME is the winners choice 8125.

·
Registered
426 Posts
strings

My daughter and I booth shoot Stone mt. strings and work great! We shoot 1,000's of shots a year and hold up great. Nice people to deal with too.
Good luck,
tracy

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I also shoot an 05 switchback.Not trying to hijack your thread, but bucknasty makes some of the best strings I have seen.You should give them a look.

·
Registered
9,559 Posts
I would go with any custom string. but not zebra, they aren't that great to begin with, don't go back to them.

Good Luck,
Ben

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Bucknasty Strings

Do a search for Bucknasty and read his feedback....The guy is awesome.I have bought his strings and they're second to none.

Read his feedback and you'll buy from him.

And by the way they're CHEAP too.

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
bro2032 said:
Do a search for Bucknasty and read his feedback....The guy is awesome.I have bought his strings and they're second to none.

Read his feedback and you'll buy from him.

And by the way they're CHEAP too.
Well Said!!:)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Some may disagree, but stay away from the Zebra strings. They are junk. I shoot Pro Strings on all my Switcheys but any of the custom strings you can get from the guys here on AT are top notch. Winners Choice are definatly the most expensive, but the less expensive ones like Vapor trail, Bucknasty, and Pro Strings are just as good if not better. Besides, its always cool to pick your own colors..........Rick

·
Registered
225 Posts
I've been using ProStrings for a while now. Shel does a great job, and his strings are top notch:
http://www.prostring.com/
All the best,
Glenn

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am a big Winners Choice fan I have tried Zebra strings and they are good But I like the Winners Choice, They seem to have lasted the longest.

Good Luck.

ed

·
Registered
283 Posts
I just put on a new Winner Choice String two days ago on my Martin Phantom bow and I am loving it every minute since. It doesn turn or stratch on my at all. I already shot over 100 times already. I don't know much about Zebra string but I like my new Winner Choice String a lot.

·
EPLC Stabilization 4-Sale
9,450 Posts
BigTexHunter said:

In recent times the Mathews strings have been good. They now use 452x on all their strings/cables and have a quality product.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts