Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question: I have. Bow tech Fanatic 3.0 SD set at 29” DL and maxed DW #60 but don’t know how much exactly as I don’t have a bow scale. When I measure the ATA, DL and Brace all of them are approximately 10mm too long. The cams are also bit ******ed according to the timing markings, the cables come in between the two lines when I draw about 10cm on the string.

When I draw the bow, it feels like less than #60. Tried searching for advice to bring back to spec but couldn’t find any. Any help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
SABMAG rider
1,121 Posts
First, I presume that you have a bow press.
Take off the string and cables, measure each and twist them to a couple of mm shorter than spec. Shorter than spec because strings and cable lengths that the manufacturer gives are measured at 100# stretch, and if you don't have a string stretcher, the string will be a tiny bit shorter when you measure it relaxed.
Put them back on the bow, and have a look. You should be pretty close to hitting the timing marks and the cam timing.
Then it's usually just a few twists to get it to spec.
Remember that the cams should have a bit of cam Lean at rest.

Sent fra min CLT-L29 via Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I do have a bow press and I will try doing that tomorrow. I am still scratching my head as to how to reduce brace height and ATA.

·
SABMAG rider
1,121 Posts
It's all in the table I added in my post.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Measured the cables today, the sticker on the limb says cables-39 11/32 actual length was an inch and 1/4 longer. Thoroughly confused. For some reason, the sticker length seems wrong.

·
SABMAG rider
1,121 Posts
Here's the correct string and cable lengths from Bowtechs webpage.

For the fanatic 3.0 SD
string 56.3", and cables 40.66"

For the fanatic 3.0 XL
String 62.65" and cables 40.66"

·
SABMAG rider
1,121 Posts
The sticker cable length indicate that the Limb it's on comes from a fanatic 1.0.
That will be a problem, because the 1.0 have all different deflection number than the 2.0 and 3.0 in all DW options.
The 2.0/3.0 SD 60# has a Def 143.5, while the 1.0 60# has a Def 166.
Def166 is close to the 70# limbs o the later 2.0/3.0 SD Def 170. 5.

Problem is, that all fanatic limbs are interchangeable. You just get different DW. But, it's paramount that you have the same deflection on all 4 limbs

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is a picture of the sticker and limb deflection numbers as found on the limbs.

·
SABMAG rider
1,121 Posts
The limbs are correct at least.
What's up with the cable lengths, I really don't know.
Give bowtech CS a call and hear what they say.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
IIRC.... there was a thread here on AT saying that some of the Fanatics came with limb stickers that had the wrong string and cable lengths on them

1 - 11 of 11 Posts