Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about getting a press for the first time. Sick and tired of going to the shop just to have them put in a twist here and there. Really like that the bow time machine also has a draw board. My only concern is the safety block mechanism. How safe and reliable is it? Is it easy to figure out how to use it when pressing? Sounds like you hold pressure on it and keep holding pressure on it as you turn the crank.
Also, if a person went with the tripod stand, when you are cranking on the handle, is the stand sturdy enough that it won't want to tip over as you are cranking? Or should a person mount it a bench for a more solid platform to work off of?

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
You only hold the block when you are releasing the bow. Once you flip it up in the press mode, it takes care of itself. The BTM is a lot sturdier mounted on a bench. However, it won't fall over on the stand, it just wiggles a little. It's nicer on the bench but if you are finishing up a tune job it's really nice to take it right out to the range and shoot then tweak right there. I have seen a lot of presses. And some of them were SUPER fancy machines. But I wouldn't trade my BTM for any of them.( No, I'm not paid to say that)

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are there setup and pressing instructions included with the press? Is there a lot of pieces to put together or does it come pretty much assembled.

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
It will come with instructions and its super easy to setup. Plus Jim's phone number is right on his posts and sight. He will answer any questions you might have. He's VERY helpful. And if anything ever has a problem Jim will bend over backwards to get it made right fast. You should call him. Want his number?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Same boat as you were a few months ago. Got tired of getting the run around at shops. Picked up a bow time machine and now do all my own work. Only been shooting for about 6 months and never worked on a bow. Bought a Used Time Machine and already tuned two bows, super easy to use. And Jim is a super guy even though I bought the press used always answered any questions I had. Mine is mounted to a roll around bench.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Are there setup and pressing instructions included with the press? Is there a lot of pieces to put together or does it come pretty much assembled.
The only assembly is installing the fingers in the slots and screwing in the allen screw to hold them. It comes with written instructions, but there are good videos on Jim's website.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Does the Bow Time Machine void any bow warranty's?
You put any bow in any press yourself, if you ask the manufacturer, the warranty is void. Says right on the first page of every bow manual... something along the lines of "only authorized technicians should ever press a bow".

That being said, if a pro shop uses a BTM, the warranty will be just fine. The BTM is as good, if not better than any other press out there as far as warranty (and everything else) goes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts