Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some advice on tuning by BH to FP but im not have much luck with the new arrows i bought. I got one arrow mark that is always fly's like its drunk. Then the big problem im having is that all the rest of the arrows are flying in a half moon shape. Im using a Madness XS 62.5lb pull 28in draw WB and 30in arrows, 100gr tips (carbon express terminator lite hunters 60/75). When i release the arrow it goes to the left travels up and over to the right, it hits the bulleye with my BH but field points hit high and to the left and fly more arratic. I have not had the bow tunned or papered (not much time to get to the archery shop) is there anything i can do at home to get rid of this problem. Thanks for all the help

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
...in all honesty, it could be caused by a good many things...

...but on the surface, from your description, it sounds as if you've got a little "centershot" issue...

...meaning the Left/Right "centering" of your rest relative to the bow/arrow...

...you might try and move your rest slightly to the right about a 1/16 of an inch and retry...if no better move additional 1/16 of an inch and so on...

...arrows that "barrel roll" are a left/right issue of the rest...

...arrows that "porpoise" are generally caused by improper up/down adjustments of the rest or up/down nock height issues...

...what vanes are you using with this combination and how are they fletched on the shafts??...straight, left/right offset...left/right helical, etc...

...are there any grey/black markings on any of the vanes indicating that they may be contacting the WB??...

...from your description, it sounds as if this too could be an issue!!...

...don't stress out, all you really need is for ONE arrow to hit where you are aiming :D

...many out of tune bows still kill lots and lots of game in the fall :darkbeer:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts