Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was away from shooting for a few years and when I got back, I replaced my Bear bow with a Parker Stealth (similar to the mag). I have been shooting it for 3 years and I am getting ready to purchase a new bow for next years hunting season (2007). I have been looking into Bowtech’s Alligence, Bowtech’s Old Glory, Mathews Switchback or the Hoyt Trykon. I have shot my buddy's Hoyt, once Crackers tuned it up, and loved the feel and quietness of the bow. I have never felt something so smooth.

Does anyone have any advise on any of these bows?
a) Regarding forgiveness of some of these 33 & 34 inch bows
b) Suitability for white tail deer hunting

I want to move into something that reduces the gap between my sights, something that is going to be fast enough to shoot one pin.

·
74,535 Posts
You mention several good bows

Switchback has been a hot seller for quite a few years now. Its diffiantly a winner and good bow.

Bowtech Tribute is another bow you should take a look at.

Dont let those shorter axles bow scare you, they shoot great today. Go try and shoot some of those bows.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Bengal

Look at an '07 Martin Bengal. It's an incredible bow at around $399. You won't be sorry.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Split limb bows are quieter than solid limb bows , thats why you got that impresion from the hoyt , it was quieter . If you decide on a old glory and you shoot 28"s and 60 lbs , shoot me a pm , I have one for sale , will be in the elk woods for a week of so , so it may be awhile for a reply .

·
Registered
69 Posts
Bf took 10 years to finally get a new one. he shot 4 different ones before he fell in love with the XT. Loves everything about it except the serving wear.. Which , by the way, Mathews has already sent our pro shop a new string to replace his after only 100 shots.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts