Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I made this in ag shop at school. This cost me nothing except time to do homework in other classes. I am building another with perfect cuts and welds to enter into the ag mechanics fair. The vice can be taken off the stand and mounted to a work bench. All it takes to move it is two bolts. Here are the pics......

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea it works really well except that I have to have it a little leaning back because when I tighten it it moves slightly forward. Just by looking you can't tell but the level shows it big time. For only spending class time and it not costing anything I can live with it.

·
Registered
559 Posts
vise

nice job :rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. I had to redo the part that holds the bow because the bars that touch the limb were to far apart and would hit the cam and riser on regular riser bows. It would work for target bows with long limbs and it worked with my admiral but the Truth and Diamond I have it wouldn't work on so I had to remake it but it works good now.

·
Registered
67 Posts
vise

Dude thats awesome, I made some stuff in AG class and in welding/machine shop way back in high school. I still have my first tool box I built in 10 grade(20 years ago). You did a really good job, keep up the good work bud and never be ashamed to work with you're hands or to use you're GOD given talents to help people.:thumbs_up

·
Registered
566 Posts
I'm impressed! I think I made a wooden box in ag shop. Very nice work. You might want to let this little project direct you into an engineering degree. I've heard it said that certain people are born engineers and that if you aren't born to be one, no amount of education will make you one. I'd say you are a born engineer! Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm impressed! I think I made a wooden box in ag shop. Very nice work. You might want to let this little project direct you into an engineering degree. I've heard it said that certain people are born engineers and that if you aren't born to be one, no amount of education will make you one. I'd say you are a born engineer! Keep up the good work!
I did take computer applications last year. In it we used autocad and designed stuff and my teacher wanted me to take his archetecture class this year but my schedule was full. I do go see him frequently and I designed it on autocad. I also designed a string jig that me and my dad are going to build. When I finish it I'll put pictures up. I've pretty much got my mind made up that I want to be a vet unstead of an engineer by the way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts