Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to build myself a vice with some scrap metal I had laying around. It's relatively simple although being the way I am I added to the work load by machining some of the pieces before welding it all together. The main chassis is easily clamped to a flat table edge. The movable portion rotates on one axis. A second axis is rotatable by means of the bolt that attached it all to the bow. It also extends out past the main chassis up to three inches.

·
Go Bucks
2,215 Posts
Nice job. I did something similar to that, did you turn grooves in your bar wide enough for your bolt to tighten against? If you didn't that would be worth the time so the slip fit will always slip instead of bind from tightening the bolt to the bar.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
nice work..

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good idea on the grooves. I only cut some really light grooves for spacing measurement. I was actually thinking of welding a one piece split shaft collar on the end instead of using the bolt.

·
Go Bucks
2,215 Posts
Good idea on the grooves. I only cut some really light grooves for spacing measurement. I was actually thinking of welding a one piece split shaft collar on the end instead of using the bolt.
That would do the trick too. May even hold a little better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts