Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a work bench for around the house DIY, and I dont have much room for an archery work bench, so I want to create a hybrid workbench. I think that I can simply clamp a ez press on to my workbench. I would like to get a bow vise though, and thought that since I have a bench vise already mounted where I would want the bow vise, I could create a bow vise that gets clamped down by the bench vise. I think this makes sense, at least it does in my mind. Has anyone done this, or have any better ideas of how to have a hybrid workbench?

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
The simplest vise I've ever seen and I have used it on many occasions is to clamp a hand clamp on the bow limb and then stick the hand clamp into the bench vise. This holds the bow completely secure and ready for work. The drawback is that it doesn't have the full rotation options that you get with a lot of other bow clamps. I'll try and dredge up a picture.

·
Alien Mafia Member
3,765 Posts
I built mine so I could clamp it to the work top.
My press and draw board are done the same.
This way I don't have top space taken up on a permanent basis.
I would imagine by lengthening the horizontal rod a little for clearance, it would clamp into a vice and work with no problems.

Kev

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts