Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Best $150 I ever spent! Picked up this canoe from a lady at work and put it into service immediately. Even got my old man to go with me. Sneak right up on them balance....balance...take the shot! It's a bit challenging at first shooting from a wobbling platform, but we've got the hang of it. It's soooo much better than walking the banks...

The canoe rigged for carp and Dad ready to go. Just a couple of pieces of pipe insulation foam keeps the bows in place; out of the way for paddling, but nocked and ready to grab at a moment's notice.

It takes a bit to get the balance down, but once you do, you're golden.

Dad's first Canoe Carp!

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
I use my 14ft oldtown canoe as well.I paddle standing up (in still water) and have had no problems,although an outrigger would make it alittle easier.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Great buy

Great buy.
I have heard of people putting 2 barrels (one on each side with a platform between them to keep the boat more stable while shooting.
Either way it works.

·
Not perfect! but forgiven
1,224 Posts
Canoe

How close are you guys getting before they spook typically? I have a canoe and have just been shooting from the bank, but plan to have my canoe in the garage this winter doing some mods getting ready for spring :D .
Thanks for sharing...............

·
Registered
167 Posts
Is it hard to balance with only one person? I have a canoe (wide base) and want to use it.

Here in WV, I have had a hard time getting anyone to go bowfishing with me.

·
Registered
89 Posts
canoe bowfishing

My friend and I bowfish all the time in a canoe. We made floats out of 6 inch pvc pipe.We took 2 pieces of 2x4 and made a platform out of plywood and mounted the floats to that so we can take it off and on. Works great and we shoot alot of fish up here in Vermont.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I can get close in most cases.I mainly hunt creeks here on Post where I live.I just slowly paddle up stream and then just float back down.(really slow current)I have floated right over a number of gar and carp before they spook.I just stand up as I am floating and shoot them as they pass by.I have had great luck this way.

·
Not perfect! but forgiven
1,224 Posts
I will have to

give that a try after deer season, that sounds like a blast!

·
Registered
509 Posts
The rig looks great!! As long as your bowfishing, the rig will always work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts