Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be doing some bow fishing this year my first time going out and i will be going to grand lake st.marys and was just wondering if anyone has bowfished here before and if so where are the best spots to go? All my fishing will be from the bank

·
hunter
8,143 Posts
I will be doing some bow fishing this year my first time going out and i will be going to grand lake st.marys and was just wondering if anyone has bowfished here before and if so where are the best spots to go? All my fishing will be from the bank
smidy - you might try carp chasing/shooting in the Miami Erie canal that runs from 40 acre pond south to the center of St Marys, Ohio. A small jon boat would be ideal but you could reach some fish from the banks. I have canoed that canal many times and it is shallow and loaded with carp.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never thought of that good idea thanks bub how far down do you go? I could prob start at new port

·
hunter
8,143 Posts
Never thought of that good idea thanks bub how far down do you go? I could prob start at new port
I am not familiar with the canal around Newport, but it might be fine. I suggest start walking along the tow path next to the old hardware store in downtown St Marys, and go north towards 40 Acre Pond.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts