Archery Talk Forum banner

Bowfishing line question

1528 Views 13 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  TBBR Chairman
I have a Zebco heavy duty reel mounted to a stabilizer on my bowfishing rig and was wondering what is the best line to use in it for the least affected flight. Also, what pound test? Thanks.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
90 Posts
power pro

i have read in bowfishusa.com that a lot of people are switching to power pro braided line. the 250lb test is a good choice. one warning, you HAVE to wear gloves when handeling this line. it has a small diameter. also, you can wrap more yards of it on your reel.

if you don't want to use that, then the 200lb fast flite line will always work. the thing with fast flite is you HAVE to spray it down and inside the reel with silicone spray so it comes out very fast and smooth. have fun.

· Registered
3,499 Posts
I use the 200 pound test sold by Muzzy and al;so stock it in my shop.
You don't get but 25 yards of it per spool, but I have not needed any more than that yet.
Very strong and easy on the hands for spooling up.I've never lost a fish due to line breakage.
Jerry

· Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. Where can I get Fast Flite line? I did a search and couldn't find it anywhere.

· Registered
468 Posts
my buddie uses 50lbs or more spyder wire,

chase

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.