Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have really taken a liking to 3d. This summer just about every weekend myself and a few buddies traveled all over eastern NY to shoot. My question is, How does one become sponsored or at least looked at to become a staff shooter. My best score was a 292 out of 300 from the bowhunter stake is the norm for most? I want to help promote archery but dont want to have to sit in front of a PC all day selling myself.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Two ways that I now of Virg, Go to the BT web sight and DL a form, fill it out and send it in, or your local archery shop can sponser you; they can sponser a few each yr. if they want to. GL :)

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Go to a shop or an archery business and tell them your interested in shooting for them and give them a resume of your recent good scores and stuff like that. That would be what I would do if I wanted a sponser.

·
Registered
23,626 Posts
dont want to have to sit in front of a PC all day selling myself
nice.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I was at the funanza......had an awesome time!!!!! Where in NY are you all from??? Our club in Oxford NY is having it's first annual sportsmen show along with a 3D tournament.....it is also the last leg of the SNY triple crown :) If you guys are interested let me know via PM.

As far as getting sponsored I would send out some resumes and contact some of the companies that you are interested in......remember it's not always about the scores you shoot but what you can do for the company and how much you give back to the archery community. Most of the time the sponsors are looking for down to earth good people who will get out there and promote their product in a respectful manner.....good luck :) If you are interested there is a thread in the Gen. Pop. looking for M4L hunting staff.....I believe there are a few spots left :wink:

·
Registered
402 Posts
heathshayne said:
I was at the funanza......had an awesome time!!!!! Where in NY are you all from??? Our club in Oxford NY is having it's first annual sportsmen show along with a 3D tournament.....it is also the last leg of the SNY triple crown :) If you guys are interested let me know via PM.

As far as getting sponsored I would send out some resumes and contact some of the companies that you are interested in......remember it's not always about the scores you shoot but what you can do for the company and how much you give back to the archery community. Most of the time the sponsors are looking for down to earth good people who will get out there and promote their product in a respectful manner.....good luck :) If you are interested there is a thread in the Gen. Pop. looking for M4L hunting staff.....I believe there are a few spots left :wink:
Watkins Glen (did you place first i think i saw you I got third In the youth class)

·
Registered
590 Posts
First go your local pro shop and see if they are needing shooters for next year. An archery shop or manufacturer could care less about what you shot at the last tournament. They are more concerned with how you are going to represent them and yourself and hopefully generate some business for them. Not only shooting events buy volunteering for archery events like kids days or something of that nature in your area. The big manufacturers will not even look at you unless you are a shop shooter first. Best of luck to you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts