Archery Talk Forum banner

Bowhunters superstore- customer service

12694 Views 197 Replies 109 Participants Last post by  snook152
VERY disappointed in BOWHUNTERS SUPERSTORE!
Ordered a new release on Saturday. On Monday called them to be sure it was in stock. They verified in stock and will ship that day or next. On Thursday call customer service to ask what the status is.
They said sorry release is Backoredered.
I ask when is it due in - they reply- we have no idea.

I ask to speak to the cust service manager - shes says she is the Mgr.

I ask why didn't you tell me that on Monday - they reply sorry our mistake.

I ask why didn't you call me or send me an email telling me its on B/O- they reply sorry our mistake.

I ask well can you find out from the supplier when it will be available- they reply sorry we don't do that. When it comes in we'll ship it.

I reply " SORRY MY MISTAKE FOR ORDERING FROM BOWHUNTERS SUPERSTORE" cancel my order I rather deal with a more customer service oriented proffessional company like Lancaster and pay a few extra $.

Bowhunters superstore even has the release on ebay store for a buy it now how do they not advise the customers. That means if you buy it from the store on ebay they leave you hanging indefinetly. This reminds me of the old Bowhunters warehouse.

Last time they get an order from me. They have a lot to learn!:pukey:
1 - 20 of 198 Posts

· Registered
1,531 Posts
Sorry about your bad experience. I've purchased several items from them and have always receive my order quickly. I really like that they split up the colors how you want if you order feathers or vanes

· Registered
10,406 Posts
The problem is getting worse with all mail order places.They want the money and won't say up front if it's in stock or needs to be back ordered.They figure if you order it,you won't back out.Crappy way of doing business.jmo

· Registered
2,640 Posts
I got burned from them the other day as well. I ordered a Octane stabilzer on Feb 7th. I got it yesterday. I chewed some arse and the guy told me that sometimes they put stuff on ebay then when it sells they order it and ship it to you. I was pissed

· Registered
1,044 Posts
I agree

I agree! Their prices are good, but when it comes to service forget it! I live about 40 mins from there and I called them to make sure they had what I was looking for, they said "sure do, plenty of them here we will put it back for you". I make the drive and after waiting forever for someone to acknowledge that I was even there I explained that i called and they said that it would be waiting for me. Well they only had one of the three things that I had called about! Keep in mind I only live 15 mins from LAS! Lesson learned LAS for just about everything now!!!!

· Registered
1,880 Posts
Backordered products is the biggest issue in mail order.It is not just BHSS it is everyone and it dont matter who you go threw things will be back ordered but you should have been notified and gave the option to cancel your order,but that might not be smart on their part but would have been more honest to me.

· Registered
10,406 Posts
Backordered products is the biggest issue in mail order.It is not just BHSS it is everyone and it dont matter who you go threw things will be back ordered but you should have been notified and gave the option to cancel your order,but that might not be smart on their part but would have been more honest to me.
:thumbs_up.I guess they figure if you went through all the process of ordering it,odds are,you wom't back out.Any more,i just make the trip into town to the local pro-shop.It cuts down on the use of Tylenol.

· Registered
3,861 Posts
I use to order from them quite frequently as they often had the best prices by far. I've since decided it's better to spend my money elsewhere and pay the extra few dollars. Bowhunterssuperstore has by far the worst customer service I've ever come across, be it archery or anything else. If there's no complications in your order, then you'll like them just fine. As soon as any problem comes up though, their policy is "Screw you customer, go eat dirt." They must have a placard somewhere with that company motto on it.

Those of you who haven't had problems with them yet, be warned... sooner or later, they'll screw something up. And when they do, they will never own up to their mistake. They'll just say, blow off.

I agree that they have some excellent prices. However, my experience with their customer service was less than spectacular.

About a year and a half ago, I placed an order with them for a few random smaller things, a Doskocil bow case, and a Morrell Yellow jacket. Two weeks after the date I was expecting the package to arrive, no sign of the shipment. I email Bowhunterssuperstore and Jim (I believe his name was) responded fairly quickly. I explained the situation, gave him my order info. At first, he thought I wanted to repeat the same order. I explained that my original order had not arrived yet and I did not want to repeat the same order. He replied back that according to their system, the package was delivered two weeks ago to such and such address.

I noticed the address shipped to was my billing address.

A little background info. Back then, I had recently moved from San Luis Obispo, CA, back to Orange County, CA prior to placing the order. My credit card record still had my old address as my billing address. All my mail was being forwarded to my new address so I was getting the CC bills as they came. And as I got the monthly statements, I was calling up the CC companies to update my credit card billing info.

So back to the story, Jim informed me the package was indeed delivered but it was delivered to what I thought was the address I specified for the billing address, not the shipping. I figured I must have messed up and put down my billing address as my shipping address as well. I emailed Jim back thanking him for the update.

I took a vacation day the next day and drove the 300miles up to San Luis Obispo to pick up my package. I was kind of worried since according to Jim, the package arrived 2 weeks ago. That means it had been sitting on the porch for 2 weeks now, unless someone took it already.

When I arrived in San Luis, I found some of the packages there on the front porch. The boxes were marked, 1 of 3 and 2 of 3. 3 of 3 was missing. I chalked it up to a thief or the neighborhood kids. I pulled the packing list from one of the boxes and noticed that I did indeed specify the CORRECT shipping address to my Orange County home. The billing address was listed as San Luis, but very clearly the shipping address was listed as my new address.

Now I was pissed. I had just spent $45 in gas to drive up one way to San Luis, burned a vacation day, lost one of my 3 boxes, and it wasn't even my mistake. It was Bowhunterssuperstore who didn't ship the packages to the specified shipping address.

After returning home, I emailed Jim explaining what I found out and included a scanned copy of the packing list. I highlighted the specified shipping address to boot.

Jim replied that he was sorry for the confusion and as a gesture of goodwill, Bowhunterssuperstore would like to extend to me an offer of $25 off my next purchase. WHAT THE CRAP!?! I just burned one of my vacation days (that's $240 a day) to make a 9 hour round trip drive, spent $90 in gas, had one of my three boxes lost, and I get an offer of $25 on the next purchase?

I was steamed but I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. A few weeks later, I placed another order and made noted of the $25 off I was offered. One of their service reps emailed me asking me to fwd the email which had the information regarding the $25 off. I did so and noticed a few days later the discount had not been applied. I emailed again asking about the discount and got no response. I called, the lady on the phone told me that she would look into it and call me back. Guess what, I was not called back. Discount was not applied. At that point, I was done with them. I didn't even care about the discount or the money anymore, I was just pissed for the way I was treated.

And that was the last time I'll ever be ordering from them. I know every company slips up and people make mistakes, but I think I was more than patient with Bowhunterssuperstore for their goof up and they basically shoved me to the side. They might do a great job with 99 out of 100 customers, but since I am that 1 customer that got screwed, for me, Bowhunterssuperstore is about as far from any kind of "super" store as it gets.

· Registered
769 Posts
Go pay a couple extra bucks and buy them local. Help keep the local guy going. I only order online what they dont have or cant get. I am willing to pay a couple extra bucks to make sure they are there when i need them.

· Registered
352 Posts
What release did you order?

· Registered
204 Posts
I'm going to have to stick up for deer16pt and say I too have had the same run around with BHSS customer service. I ordered arrows and points (received arrows but wrong points) Called customer service, they appologized and said they would send out my correct points. 6 calls later and over a month wasted trying to be patient with this store in hopes that my diligence and understanding would pay off. No points ever arrived, I gave up cut my loses.

If I'm lying I'm dying.

· Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I'm sorry to see so many others have been inconvienced by this mail order company but at least these posts may save some other AT members some grief. I'm ordering from Lancaster tomorrow. I learned a valuable lesson: If the price is too good to be true and it smells like **** theres a good chance it is ****!

· Registered
2,132 Posts
A few weeks ago I was in Bowhunters Superstore in Wellsville, PA. I was looking around for a couple different items. While I was waiting in line for service, the guy in front of me asked to see a QAD Ultra HD rest in black. They did not have them hanging behind the counter, so the guy who was waiting on him told him they never carried that rest in black and he would have to buy the Lost Camo version. It just so happened I was looking for the same rest and got another guy to wait on me, who gladly walked upstairs and grabbed the black rest for me. The guy who was in front of me left before he saw that they in fact did have the rest in stock. Pretty poor customer service to throw away $100 because you didn't want to walk upstairs for the customer. I'm just glad the guy who was waiting on me took the time to go get it for me. I guess not all BHSS employees are bad, just a few.

· 300 or bust
13,148 Posts
Well I have two orders through them

1. Octane nxs target model (back ordered)
2. Carter Evo+

Mark from BHSS has answered every email of mine and has kept me in the loop concerning my orders. I'm hoping everything works out for me I've been told I should receive my release this week and hopefully my sight in a couple weeks

1 - 20 of 198 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.