Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apolgize if post is in wrong section or similar post has ben made. Has anybody been hunting late bow season. knowing it may be closed in some states, it runs to the 15th here in missouri. It has been slow for me here, the spots (travel routes, rubs) that i had scouted out on public land after rifle season and the rut have went dead, after the first snow this year. The teampture reamins cold here for the last two weeks, single digits. Im usasly told to hunt food sources in late season because deer tend to bed close to there. Not having much experince under my belt, being young could any one shed some light for me. Thank you

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
294 Posts
For me at least , all of my deer have pretty much went nocturnal. I’ll cheack cameras and see deer everywhere but won’t see a thing during daylight hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
75% of the people i have talked to said the same thing. Thanks for the input. I see more deer out at night when im driving then i do when i hunt haha sorry for posting in wrong section lol

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
Fellow Missourian here-

Should be posted in the bowhunting forum.
a mod can move it for you, you will most likely get more responses in that section

But It has been a slow season for me in general as far a seeing deer
I managed to kill a nice buck about a month ago but sightings have been way down still

This time of year food is your only hope, preferably grain.
Most I know who are still seeing daylight activity are hunting over winter wheat, standing beans, or standing corn

The harvested crop fields are picked clean
And for the most part they will find the best available food source and stay faily close to it

Most of my activity has been at night
I have a little bit of food left in my food plot but it’s almost gone

Went out yesterday after seeing I had a little daylight activity on camera and ended up spooking 4 of the 7 does that come in because they were bedded 70 yards from my plot

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fellow Missourian here-

Should be posted in the bowhunting forum.
a mod can move it for you, you will most likely get more responses in that section

But It has been a slow season for me in general as far a seeing deer
I managed to kill a nice buck about a month ago but sightings have been way down still

This time of year food is your only hope, preferably grain.
Most I know who are still seeing daylight activity are hunting over winter wheat, standing beans, or standing corn

The harvested crop fields are picked clean
And for the most part they will find the best available food source and stay faily close to it

Most of my activity has been at night
I have a little bit of food left in my food plot but it’s almost gone

Went out yesterday after seeing I had a little daylight activity on camera and ended up spooking 4 of the 7 does that come in because they were bedded 70 yards from my plot
I figured it out and reposted in bow hunting. my bad haha im just starting to figure this out. I appericate the response. I passed on a few deer before the rut and im regtting it now. I ended up working alot during the rut and after just now making time to hunt lol. Sense this cold snap the deer only seem to move late after noon. Where they giving out the extra doe tags in your aera? Im down by the st louis aera of missouri.

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
I figured it out and reposted in bow hunting. my bad haha im just starting to figure this out. I appericate the response. I passed on a few deer before the rut and im regtting it now. I ended up working alot during the rut and after just now making time to hunt lol. Sense this cold snap the deer only seem to move late after noon. Where they giving out the extra doe tags in your aera? Im down by the st louis aera of missouri.

I’m north west of stl
Archery doe tags are still unlimited
Limited to 1 with a firearm where I am

1 - 8 of 8 Posts