Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have success with these.Got a grassy finger that comes out into the ag field with just a few small trees. I always see big bucks walking it during the rut,it leads into a bedding area and the only good trees are real close to the deer.I have tried hunting it on the ground before and almost always get busted.ground blind isnt an option too many thievesThought maybe a grass colored ghillie might work.How do you draw without the deer seeing it? Do you sit in a chair or kneel?Any advice would be great.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
i hunt with a ghillie for most of the archery season and have had real good luck. scent control and hunting the wind is going to be key another thing is sit completely still deer will pick up on motion more than anything. no matter where the deer is try to resist sudden movements i sit on a swivel stool and very slowly rotate my body as a whole to get into position. draw when he is facing away or is occupied with something. the biggest most important thing is to practice slow movement, shooting sitting down, and staying calm because it will be a rush!!! one more thing is when setting up clear every twig, leaf, away from your stool about 2' so when you are rotating for the shot you dont step on anything noisy i learned that the hard way

1 - 3 of 3 Posts