Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Team #12 - 2009 Winners!!
10,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, My girlfriend and I just got her little brother (15) an all black BowMadness XL, this thing looks AWESOME!!!! all black, white/black strings, and the red decals on the limbs just look awesome, he should be shocked when he opens it up for Christmas:darkbeer:

It is a 40-50#, set to 26". The question I have is:

How many turns can you back out the limb bolts? The shop I got it from said 6 no problem, I have it 5 1/2 out and it is at 43#, I think he can pull it, but I would like to get it to 40# so when he opens it he can draw it instead of struggling and think he wont be able to shoot his new bow.

The bolts at 5 1/2 turns out just look like they are sticking out really far. Any one know for sure, or just crank down until 40#?

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Wouldn't go much further than 5 turns. I have gone 6 before. PSEs limb bolts are not as long as some other manufacturers.

·
Archery Blogger/Writer
9,332 Posts
I don't go beyond 4.

What you need to do is short string it.

Basic way to short string a Bow Madness:

Let out some twists (about 6) in the cable and the string.

Then, move the module. If the mod is on B (29"), you now need to move the mod to C or D. (28 or 27). It will actually be 29". You will need to experiment with it. Play with the module and the +/- posts.

I short string my wife's Bow Madness MC, and I've done it for other customers. A 50-60# Bow Madness can go down to about 45# with that method.

-Steve

·
Archery Blogger/Writer
9,332 Posts
That is one minor gripe I have about PSE. Their bows do go the 10 pound spectrum, but it's more like this:

(example only)
If you have a 60-70# bow, you get the 10 pound range from 62-72

50-60#? 53-63#

And so on.

Part of that (I suspect) is due to the past parallel design and their risers.

To get the true 10 pound range, I've had to tweak the strings/cables. This has happened on 4 PSE's that I or my family owns, plus countless ones I've worked on in the shop.

-Steve

·
formerly 3drcher48
5,866 Posts
I don't go beyond 4.

What you need to do is short string it.

Basic way to short string a Bow Madness:

Let out some twists (about 6) in the cable and the string.

Then, move the module. If the mod is on B (29"), you now need to move the mod to C or D. (28 or 27). It will actually be 29". You will need to experiment with it. Play with the module and the +/- posts.

I short string my wife's Bow Madness MC, and I've done it for other customers. A 50-60# Bow Madness can go down to about 45# with that method.

-Steve
Sounds like this would work. 5 turns to get to 43# is too many. One turn should equal 3-4 #.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts