Archery Talk Forum banner
41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
I said the same thing but I truly won't lie their grip tape is a next level game changer and I've tried every single grip method out there. It is tacky even if your hand is soaked. You gotta give it a try.
Well I’ll have to go for it then! I do dig all manner of grip tape, I just had been using something similar for quite a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Lulz, I suppose you are correct. Putting a piece of random **** in your string seems like a way more solid answer to the problem than a piece of plastic designed for said purpose.

Truthfully, I haven’t had peep twist issues on last three strings.
Not sure who Lulz is, but.... If it makes you feel better, I have designed and tested my new patented "Bucket's anti-twist de-turning peep adjuster" (still working on the name...in case you have suggestions). It will only cost you $19.99 +shipping. It has been said to look a lot like a piece of D-loop, but I can assure you that it is not. It has been specifically bought and tested just for this purpose. It also comes in a variety of colors!

Let me know how many you want...and maybe send a resume and I may be interested in putting you on my limited pro staff!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 · (Edited)
my feelings about the Bowmars have nothing to do with their products. If that was all they did I wouldnt say a word.
As far as the hunting goes, its not jealousy, its utter disgust. I have a real moral issue with ppl who exploit game animals for money and fame. Especially when they do so in a unethical, or illegal manner, and with utter disregard.
I spend a lot of my time and money for the betterment of natural resources. I love to watch deer feed in fields and turkeys gobbling during a cool spring morning. I dont do that so some idiot can take pot shots at anything that will get him likes on youtube and line his pockets. Remember he only shows you what he wants to show you.
If you like that sort of stuff so be it, thats your choice. I dont think my post count is relevant to my opinions or beliefs. Im certainly not formulating my opinions of you based on yours.
I knew you were going to go here.

I'm gonna try to approach this nicely.

I was just like you a year ago. I hated the Bowmar's because of the alleged allegations against them and how they were portrayed since the spearing of the bear and the entire under armour thing.

I have people I know who actually sold their supplements at their gym and I actually stopped going to the gym because of them selling their products, that's how passionately I thought they were trash for "poaching" ....

Then I decided to be an adult and look into it.

The only charge Josh and Sarah had against them was a violation of the "lacy act" which happens to be one of the most ignorant rules of all time. This rule states that in the states where it is in effect, you can't do a single thing to the animal before physically administering the tag, so essentially according to the law, if you pick up the antlers of your buck to take a photo for instagram before you tag the animal, you have poached that animal according to the terms of the lacy act..... If you believe this is a justified law, you probably believe in communism as well...

Aside from this, the alleged poaching they were charged with was just guilty by association. The outfitter they were hunting at had been under investigation for 4 years and Josh and Sarah just happened to be a part of it. All the charges were dropped except for the lacy act violations they are still fighting. Which over that insanely unjust law, fish and game violated their rights in about 900 ways and they are counter-suing them for harassment and they will win, and win big....

What got me to look into this was Josh's work ethic around hunting. I saw clips of him spending dozens of 18-hour days working on his habitat, renting skid steers and loaders, doing controlled burns, and just putting in thousands of hours into all of his leases and property's. He was literally spending multiple weeks in hotels just to work his deer plots, 3-4 months before season.... There isn't a single person in the mainstream hunting world that does this, and this is preciously why Josh shoots 1/1,000,000 bucks and multiple of them every year. He is one of the best, if not the best, private ranch patterning whitetail hunters on earth. I saw this and realized, just like you, that I was disliking them based on ignorance and not being educated.

You are heavily miss-guided and have not a single clue that there is no context to what you're saying. Josh works harder to prep one acre out of the 10,000 he manages, than you or I have ever put into hunting period, and that's made clear by this blind hatred toward them for things that aren't even real. You probably saw whitetail fanatics or some other outfitter post garbage about them, and this is exactly what got me not liking them, but some basic 4th grade intelligence will show that the outfitters that trash them, have hunted their entire lives to not get what Josh gets in a single season. Jealousy and ego then fuel the negative comments pushing a false narrative.

Maybe now you'll actually look into this and see how silly it all was. But its unlikely and you'll probably continue hating them for blind reasons just because someone told you too. Sometimes in life is good to really formulate your own opinion and not just go with the masses. I will say this one thing, if anyone on here knows anything at all about deer hunting, they know people don't just happen to shoot 200" bucks every year by luck or by doing anything illegal. There is nothing you can do to prepare for that or make the odds stack in your favor. Last season every buck he shot was over 180" across 5 states..... There's no coincidence why hunters who have worked for 20 years and cant figure out how to do that are going to hate on the guy.... :ROFLMAO:

This reply isn't to be rude or mean. It just simply disgusts me that people will believe things about good human beings without knowing ANYTHING at all about what actually happened and I knew this was why you said what you said in your previous comment. Which at the end of the day is crazy because all that they were charged with and involved with is public knowledge and can be accessed by anyone with a computer....

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I knew you were going to go here.

I'm gonna try to approach this nicely.

I was just like you a year ago. I hated the Bowmar's because of the alleged allegations against them and how they were portrayed since the spearing of the bear and the entire under armour thing.

I have people I know who actually sold their supplements at their gym and I actually stopped going to the gym because of them selling their products, that's how passionately I thought they were trash for "poaching" ....

Then I decided to be an adult and look into it.

The only charge Josh and Sarah had against them was a violation of the "lacy act" which happens to be one of the most ignorant rules of all time. This rule states that in the states where it is in effect, you can't do a single thing to the animal before physically administering the tag, so essentially according to the law, if you pick up the antlers of your buck to take a photo for instagram before you tag the animal, you have poached that animal according to the terms of the lacy act..... If you believe this is a justified law, you probably believe in communism as well...

Aside from this, the alleged poaching they were charged with was just guilty by association. The outfitter they were hunting at had been under investigation for 4 years and Josh and Sarah just happened to be a part of it. All the charges were dropped except for the lacy act violations they are still fighting. Which over that insanely unjust law, fish and game violated their rights in about 900 ways and they are counter-suing them for harassment and they will win, and win big....

What got me to look into this was Josh's work ethic around hunting. I saw clips of him spending dozens of 18-hour days working on his habitat, renting skid steers and loaders, doing controlled burns, and just putting in thousands of hours into all of his leases and property's. He was literally spending multiple weeks in hotels just to work his deer plots, 3-4 months before season.... There isn't a single person in the mainstream hunting world that does this, and this is preciously why Josh shoots 1/1,000,000 bucks and multiple of them every year. He is one of the best, if not the best, private ranch patterning whitetail hunters on earth. I saw this and realized, just like you, that I was disliking them based on ignorance and not being educated.

You are heavily miss-guided and have not a single clue that there is no context to what you're saying. Josh works harder to prep one acre out of the 10,000 he manages, than you or I have ever put into hunting period, and that's made clear by this blind hatred toward them for things that aren't even real. You probably saw whitetail fanatics or some other outfitter post garbage about them, and this is exactly what got me not liking them, but some basic 4th grade intelligence will show that the outfitters that trash them, have hunted their entire lives to not get what Josh gets in a single season. Jealousy and ego then fuel the negative comments pushing a false narrative.

Maybe now you'll actually look into this and see how silly it all was. But its unlikely and you'll probably continue hating them for blind reasons just because someone told you too. Sometimes in life is good to really formulate your own opinion and not just go with the masses. I will say this one thing, if anyone on here knows anything at all about deer hunting, they know people don't just happen to shoot 200" bucks every year by luck or by doing anything illegal. There is nothing you can do to prepare for that or make the odds stack in your favor. Last season every buck he shot was over 180" across 5 states..... There's no coincidence why hunters who have worked for 20 years and cant figure out how to do that are going to **** on the guy.... :ROFLMAO:
I suppose we can agree to disagree. But for the record, im not mis guided, I do have a higher then 4th grade education, and communism isnt my thing. I have read the indictment’s so my opinions are not just based on someone elses. Its obvious you have strong feelings for these folks and thats fine. Im still not a fan. They are not the only “online influencers” that I feel this way about. In fact there are very few that I feel are good for the hunting community.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I suppose we can agree to disagree. But for the record, im not mis guided, I do have a higher then 4th grade education, and communism isnt my thing. I have read the indictment’s so my opinions are not just based on someone elses. Its obvious you have strong feelings for these folks and thats fine. Im still not a fan. They are not the only “online influencers” that I feel this way about. In fact there are very few that I feel are good for the hunting community.
Across the country hunting rights are eroding by the day, stupid antics like spearing a bear are one of those things that the people who are successfully making hunting harder point at as an example of why our way of life should be challenged.

·
Registered
Biktarvy for prep
950 Posts
I don’t currently own one, but I will now bc of this thread. I, personally, will support anything Bowmar puts out that saves me time or makes me a better archer. That said, I’m never buying the grip tape lol.

I disagree with your choice. I do however support your right to spend your money with whomever you choose. Even if you choose to spend it with a serial poacher.
This is a perfect example of someone jealous that Josh shoots a half dozen 200" inch bucks every year and heart shots elk at 130-yards...

Probably half or more of the best ranked shooters in the world use the nose button...

When you have over 2k posts on an archery forum but speak bad on probably the most popular archery business currently, it just sounds so silly...

I will never understand why people in this sport are willing to make things harder just to save $10 and satisfy their ego..

Just goes to show that people who make it and reach great success will always have people chirping negativity in the background.
You don't think it has to do with Josh and his wife being involved in the largest poaching case in Nebraska history as well as having other pending poaching charges?

No. Definitely not that. Definitely jealousy. Good call.

·
Registered
991 Posts
No ego here, and installing a short piece of d loop takes no more or no less effort than installing Bomars piece of plastic. The big key for me, is that I have the loop material on hand, otherwise I have to order the piece of plastic and wait for it to be delivered. If you feel more comfortable buying something that you can substitute with what most have readily available, then have at it, but to criticize those that don't follow your mindset is pretty narrow minded.

The bottom line is, there are several proven ways to fix peep rotation, most have been mentioned. If you want to throw money at a problem that can be fixed for free, then yes, the Bomar piece of plastic will work.
very well said, i have nothing against the bomars or thier products, i just have no use for something i can very easy make or do myself..its not the 15 or 20 bucks its just hey its a little piece of plastic with groves cut in it. i can do that for nothing and it will work just as good, their is nothing magical about the bomar product,and for us that maybe are on a budget you have to save where you can,and im not spending money on things i can do or make myself just to support the bomars

·
Registered
Hoyt Axius Ultra, Athens Peak 38
1,049 Posts
Not sure who Lulz is, but.... If it makes you feel better, I have designed and tested my new patented "Bucket's anti-twist de-turning peep adjuster" (still working on the name...in case you have suggestions). It will only cost you $19.99 +shipping. It has been said to look a lot like a piece of D-loop, but I can assure you that it is not. It has been specifically bought and tested just for this purpose. It also comes in a variety of colors!

Let me know how many you want...and maybe send a resume and I may be interested in putting you on my limited pro staff!
Yeah, but how many poaching convictions do you have? How many methods of harvest have you single handedly gotten banned? 😉

·
Registered
991 Posts
i dont care for them much either,they seem like they do what they want and the rules dont apply, but you can do that when you have big money and all these private ranches and expensive guides at your feet

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Across the country hunting rights are eroding by the day, stupid antics like spearing a bear are one of those things that the people who are successfully making hunting harder point at as an example of why our way of life should be challenged.
I think some things are better left off film, due to the softness and cluelessness of our society, but Tim Wells has speared dozens of critters, and no one takes him to the wood shed over it .....seems like a double standard to me. The bear spearing incident seems to be the Rubicon by so many. Actullay there isn't a whole lot of difference between an arrow and a spear. Shaft with a pointy end...the heavy FOC/ arrow crowd are getting closer to bow launched spears every day, lol.

If I had a channel , providing content to the masses, ( which is right up there with slamming my head in a door repeatedly..) I wouldn't post any kill shots. Just the hunt, stop the footage while the arrow is in midflight and then the hero pics. But that's just me. I don't see much difference between bows and spears , when I look at them objectively.

I think most people dislike the Bowmars, becasue they actually seem to be enjoying the heck out of life, fact is that dude works harder than 90% of the people on here. And he gets it done, it's hard not to be envious.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I disagree with your choice. I do however support your right to spend your money with whomever you choose. Even if you choose to spend it with a serial poacher.

You don't think it has to do with Josh and his wife being involved in the largest poaching case in Nebraska history as well as having other pending poaching charges?

No. Definitely not that. Definitely jealousy. Good call.
any of us could go on these ranches he hunts and kill big bucks, that goes for a lot of these hollywood hunters

·
Registered
Biktarvy for prep
950 Posts
any of us could go on these ranches he hunts and kill big bucks, that goes for a lot of these hollywood hunters
I don't care if the Bowmars are better hunters than I am. There's plenty of people out there that are better hunters than I am. I'm comfortable with that.

It's the illegal baiting, shooting animals they don't have tags for, shooting from the road, etc that I find objectionable.

Either way, I wouldn't buy a peep tuner if Jesus himself was selling them. When my peep starts turning it's just time for a new string set.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
i dont care for them much either,they seem like they do what they want and the rules dont apply, but you can do that when you have big money and all these private ranches and expensive guides at your feet
Weird, Josh kills several B & C bucks every year with no guides... Out of state in the places where he gets tags you have to have a guide at 9/10 outfitters.

If all of you made a couple million dollars a year running a great supplement company you would all be hunting in the best locations possible, so the private land hate is literally the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Every single human being on earth that hunts, spends what their budget will allow on hunting right to the cent. I know this because 99% of my hunter friends and family, along with myself, all owned 2k bows and 10k worth of hunting gear before we ever bought a house... and there are thousands of people on this forum who fall into that category. People spend money on their hobbies. Cam Hanes literally created the "Must Be Nice" shirts and slogan because of people just like you guys. I wouldn't dream of getting angry at someone who can afford to hunt the best places in the world, it motivates me to be better and achieve better financial success so I can go on those hunts, and I'm 6-months away from going to Hawaii for Axis Deer because of this mindset.

If you were wealthy you're telling me you wouldn't invest in a ton of private land to hunt on? You and every single last one of us would.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
That is accurate.

Levi Morgan is the best competition archer to ever live, and he shoots Dall Sheep on the side of cliffs at 108 yards. They invited him to their ranch in Missouri last year and he shot a little 6-point. So, no, not anyone can go there and kill big bucks, that's only according to the people who wish they were hunting there....

·
Registered
98 Posts
I feel the exact same way. After struggling for decades on public land, I finally have the money to do some of the trips I only dreamt of as a kid/young adult. The haters will say they aren’t jealous, but come on, why else would you care?

41 - 60 of 86 Posts