Archery Talk Forum banner
61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
I don't care if the Bowmars are better hunters than I am. There's plenty of people out there that are better hunters than I am. I'm comfortable with that.

It's the illegal baiting, shooting animals they don't have tags for, shooting from the road, etc that I find objectionable.

Either way, I wouldn't buy a peep tuner if Jesus himself was selling them. When my peep starts turning it's just time for a new string set.
They were charged with those allegations because the outfitter they were hunting at had been under investigation for 4-years.... Every single bogus charge you just listed was dropped and the only thing they got stuck with was a Lacy Act violation. Maybe try doing some research and look into what that is... You think Josh would be able to buy land and have leases in 6-7 states if he was charged and convicted of those terrible things? People do prison time in my state for wildlife violations like that..

People really need to stop believing every word they read online.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
I disagree with your choice. I do however support your right to spend your money with whomever you choose. Even if you choose to spend it with a serial poacher.

You don't think it has to do with Josh and his wife being involved in the largest poaching case in Nebraska history as well as having other pending poaching charges?

No. Definitely not that. Definitely jealousy. Good call.
Every single charge has been dropped and were dropped over 6-months ago. They are suing fish & game. A good call would be doing real research and not being a follower of what others say.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Weird, Josh kills several B & C bucks every year with no guides... Out of state in the places where he gets tags you have to have a guide at 9/10 outfitters.

If all of you made a couple million dollars a year running a great supplement company you would all be hunting in the best locations possible, so the private land hate is literally the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Every single human being on earth that hunts, spends what their budget will allow on hunting right to the cent. I know this because 99% of my hunter friends and family, along with myself, all owned 2k bows and 10k worth of hunting gear before we ever bought a house... and there are thousands of people on this forum who fall into that category. People spend money on their hobbies. Cam Hanes literally created the "Must Be Nice" shirts and slogan because of people just like you guys. I wouldn't dream of getting angry at someone who can afford to hunt the best places in the world, it motivates me to be better and achieve better financial success so I can go on those hunts, and I'm 6-months away from going to Hawaii for Axis Deer because of this mindset.

If you were wealthy you're telling me you wouldn't invest in a ton of private land to hunt on? You and every single last one of us would.
False. Just a bit of advise, don't use absolutes when trying to make a point.

Case in point, I don't spend a dime to hunt the land I do, and it's not because I can't afford to hunt better property.

·
Registered
Mathews Traverse
3,696 Posts

Case in point, I don't spend a dime to hunt the land I do, and it's not because I can't afford to hunt better property.
He did say:

"People really need to stop believing every word they read online."

Sooooo there IS that...🤔😆

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I was able to do a few docket searches today since it has been awhile since I had researched the issue. Looks like they continue to have legal troubles, and more of them! Some people just cant get out if their own way. Its a shame to, the guy clearly has one heck of a work ethic. I suppose the ethics in every other aspect of their businesses is at question. Guess we will have to see how it all plays out.

·
Registered
Biktarvy for prep
950 Posts
I was able to do a few docket searches today since it has been awhile since I had researched the issue. Looks like they continue to have legal troubles, and more of them! Some people just cant get out if their own way. Its a shame to, the guy clearly has one heck of a work ethic. I suppose the ethics in every other aspect of their businesses is at question. Guess we will have to see how it all plays out.
Lol. They're totally law abiding citizens. It's just the deep state trying to bring them down.

·
Registered
Biktarvy for prep
950 Posts
They were charged with those allegations because the outfitter they were hunting at had been under investigation for 4-years.... Every single bogus charge you just listed was dropped and the only thing they got stuck with was a Lacy Act violation. Maybe try doing some research and look into what that is... You think Josh would be able to buy land and have leases in 6-7 states if he was charged and convicted of those terrible things? People do prison time in my state for wildlife violations like that..

People really need to stop believing every word they read online.
Have you ever heard the phrase, "You are who you surround yourself with?"

Would you spend time at a place where game laws are being broken? Or do you think they were totally oblivious to all of the criminal activity? Either they were fine with it, or they are dumb as a bag of hammers.

You can like your nose button and still acknowledge that they are a tumor on the perineum of bowhunting.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I think some things are better left off film, due to the softness and cluelessness of our society, but Tim Wells has speared dozens of critters, and no one takes him to the wood shed over it .....seems like a double standard to me. The bear spearing incident seems to be the Rubicon by so many. Actullay there isn't a whole lot of difference between an arrow and a spear. Shaft with a pointy end...the heavy FOC/ arrow crowd are getting closer to bow launched spears every day, lol.

If I had a channel , providing content to the masses, ( which is right up there with slamming my head in a door repeatedly..) I wouldn't post any kill shots. Just the hunt, stop the footage while the arrow is in midflight and then the hero pics. But that's just me. I don't see much difference between bows and spears , when I look at them objectively.

I think most people dislike the Bowmars, becasue they actually seem to be enjoying the heck out of life, fact is that dude works harder than 90% of the people on here. And he gets it done, it's hard not to be envious.
I don’t disagree with your position on a spear being an ethical means of take. I don’t like the way the non hunting world is being exposed to spear hunting.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 · (Edited)
I don't care if the Bowmars are better hunters than I am. There's plenty of people out there that are better hunters than I am. I'm comfortable with that.

It's the illegal baiting, shooting animals they don't have tags for, shooting from the road, etc that I find objectionable.

Either way, I wouldn't buy a peep tuner if Jesus himself was selling them. When my peep starts turning it's just time for a new string set.

Yup, another hero that can afford to hunt better land but claims he hunts grandmas for free lol...... There's only one thing to be understood by this simple post about me inquiring about peep rotation, and that is people will go to absolutely any length to hate someone or speak bad about them. I'm gonna go purchase a couple Bowmar Peep Tuners now so Josh can go laugh his way to the bank while you guys watch Cops, drink beer, and throw D-loop in your strings because you heard Josh poaches animals at the local country store... Their products work, they're used by thousands daily, and these are just facts. You guys hate Josh and Sarah Bowmar for the same reason people hate Rogan for smoking marijuana, these people are wealthy, they do what they want, how they want, and they just happened to be involved with an outfitter that poaches regularly, and, WHY WOULDN'T THE FEDS GO AFTER THE BOWMARS?! Do you guys think they're gonna successfully pull these lawsuits out on the small mom and pop outfitter? No, they're gonna go after the people with millions of followers with a multi-million dollar supplement company because they know if they happen to win, Josh and Sarah will be forced to pay the fines unlike other parties involved who aren't popular or wealthy..... And still, even with being rich, and accused of such things, Josh puts more work into hunting one lease than you all have put into your entire careers.... :ROFLMAO:

Josh explains all of these things during two segments of the Kifarucast podcast, a podcast ran by a company that supports military and law enforcement heavily, lead by a man who despises poaching and unethical hunting, Aron Snyder. I highly doubt anyone will still believe the allegations after listening, but then again, men need to formulate their opinions of the backs and detriment of others these days, nobody can formulate their own thoughts or opinions at all anymore. Very weak and keyboard tough world we live in. I'd love to see any of you guys try to confront Josh to his face about any of these things.... :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
Biktarvy for prep
950 Posts
Yup, another hero that can afford to hunt better land but claims he hunts grandmas for free lol...... There's only one thing to be understood by this simple post about me inquiring about peep rotation, and that is people will go to absolutely any length to hate someone or speak bad about them. I'm gonna go purchase a couple Bowmar Peep Tuners now so Josh can go laugh his way to the bank while you guys watch Cops, drink beer, and throw D-loop in your strings because you heard Josh poaches animals at the local country store... Their products work, they're used by thousands daily, and these are just facts. You guys hate Josh and Sarah Bowmar for the same reason people hate Rogan for smoking marijuana, these people are wealthy, they do what they want, how they want, and they just happened to be involved with an outfitter that poaches regularly, and, WHY WOULDN'T THE FEDS GO AFTER THE BOWMARS?! Do you guys think they're gonna successfully pull these lawsuits out on the small mom and pop outfitter? No, they're gonna go after the people with millions of followers with a multi-million dollar supplement company because they know if they happen to win, Josh and Sarah will be forced to pay the fines unlike other parties involved who aren't popular or wealthy..... And still, even with being rich, and accused of such things, Josh puts more work into hunting one lease than you all have put into your entire careers.... :ROFLMAO:

Josh explains all of these things during two segments of the Kifarucast podcast, a podcast ran by a company that supports military and law enforcement heavily, lead by a man who despises poaching and unethical hunting, Aron Snyder. I highly doubt anyone will still believe the allegations after listening, but then again, men need to formulate their opinions of the backs and detriment of others these days, nobody can formulate their own thoughts or opinions at all anymore. Very weak and keyboard tough world we live in. I'd love to see any of you guys try to confront Josh to his face about any of these things.... :ROFLMAO:
As I said above, I support your right to spend your money with whomever you choose. I also support your right to rage type a run on paragraph justifying it to yourself.

I won't be watching cops, drinking beer, or putting d loop in my string. But if we're making assumptions about each other's pastimes, I'll assume you spend your days writing emails to Josh Bowmar begging him to start an OnlyFans so you can eagerly buy his used underwear.

Enjoy your clapped out string and peep tuner. Make sure you post a review for us!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 · (Edited)
As I said above, I support your right to spend your money with whomever you choose. I also support your right to rage type a run on paragraph justifying it to yourself.

I won't be watching cops, drinking beer, or putting d loop in my string. But if we're making assumptions about each other's pastimes, I'll assume you spend your days writing emails to Josh Bowmar begging him to start an OnlyFans so you can eagerly buy his used underwear.

Enjoy your clapped out string and peep tuner. Make sure you post a review for us!
Thank you for literally proving all my points with your comments. Here you are, a grown man, calling me a homosexual now, simply because I'm defending someone that's good for the hunting community and someone I believe isn't guilty of what they were charged for. The very definition of inferiority, insecurity, and jealously. It's no shock to me though, the left half of this country has really taken a toll on the ability for men to actually be men, take responsibility for things, and make sense when they speak. Back when I was in 7th grade and other people said things I didn't like or when people were right and I knew I was wrong, I too would call them names and say mindless remarks such as you just made, it's okay though, we all grow up at our own pace.

Josh also doesn't need an Only Fans page because he makes millions of dollars per year pissing off triggered people like yourself... 🙃

I guess I am going to have to go ask the 5,000 competitive archers using the nose button and peep tuner what a clapped out string is though, because that terminology sounds like it's coming from something else that's clapped...

I was warned by many how absolutely brainless and insane this archery talk forum can be, and I will admit I heavily underestimated how right those people were. From now on I will keep my opinions separate from archery to myself instead of trying to discuss them with angry adult children.

Who knows, maybe I'll learn a few things about my DIY tech endeavors but by the looks of this forum the only thing I'm going to learn is how to act like I'm in middle school again.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Weird, Josh kills several B & C bucks every year with no guides... Out of state in the places where he gets tags you have to have a guide at 9/10 outfitters.

If all of you made a couple million dollars a year running a great supplement company you would all be hunting in the best locations possible, so the private land hate is literally the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Every single human being on earth that hunts, spends what their budget will allow on hunting right to the cent. I know this because 99% of my hunter friends and family, along with myself, all owned 2k bows and 10k worth of hunting gear before we ever bought a house... and there are thousands of people on this forum who fall into that category. People spend money on their hobbies. Cam Hanes literally created the "Must Be Nice" shirts and slogan because of people just like you guys. I wouldn't dream of getting angry at someone who can afford to hunt the best places in the world, it motivates me to be better and achieve better financial success so I can go on those hunts, and I'm 6-months away from going to Hawaii for Axis Deer because of this mindset.

If you were wealthy you're telling me you wouldn't invest in a ton of private land to hunt on? You and every single last one of us would.

well i cant argrue that have a good trip

·
Registered
991 Posts
Have you ever heard the phrase, "You are who you surround yourself with?"

Would you spend time at a place where game laws are being broken? Or do you think they were totally oblivious to all of the criminal activity? Either they were fine with it, or they are dumb as a bag of hammers.

You can like your nose button and still acknowledge that they are a tumor on the perineum of bowhunting.
i think they knew exactly what they were doing.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts

Wrong again. I hunt public game lands, because that is what I grew up hunting. It doesn't have monster bucks on it, and I don't care. I've never spent a dollar at the taxidermy, and probably never will. That part of hunting just doesn't matter to me. I'm no hero of any kind, I just have my own idea of the perfect hunt, and the size of the game doesn't fit real high on the list. I have absolutely nothing against people that want to hunt the way you described, it just doesn't do much for me. Again, The only part of your comment that I disagreed with was that you said everyone, which is incorrect.

As for the Peep Turner, it absolutely does work. And, if you feel better by paying for something to fix a solution, then have at it. I don't hold it against you. But don't go thinking that it is the only solution. People were fixing peep rotation by putting stuff in their string long before Bomar decided to start selling his.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I guess I am going to have to go ask the 5,000 competitive archers using the nose button and peep tuner what a clapped out string is though, because that terminology sounds like it's coming from something else that's clapped...

I was warned by many how absolutely brainless and insane this archery talk forum can be, and I will admit I heavily underestimated how right those people were. From now on I will keep my opinions separate from archery to myself instead of trying to discuss them with angry adult children.

Who knows, maybe I'll learn a few things about my DIY tech endeavors but by the looks of this forum the only thing I'm going to learn is how to act like I'm in middle school again.
I suppose everyone who replied to this post should apologize. We didn't really stick to your original question about anyone having real experience with the peep turner. But then again, looks like you would have only had 1 post in this. I would question the "5000 competitive archers" statement. I have shot beside an aweful lot of guys at national shoots and have only seen a couple of the nose things and none of the turners. Evidently, unless you being paid to use their stuff, very few do.

·
Registered
Biktarvy for prep
950 Posts
Thank you for literally proving all my points with your comments. Here you are, a grown man, calling me a homosexual now, simply because I'm defending someone that's good for the hunting community and someone I believe isn't guilty of what they were charged for. The very definition of inferiority, insecurity, and jealously. It's no shock to me though, the left half of this country has really taken a toll on the ability for men to actually be men, take responsibility for things, and make sense when they speak. Back when I was in 7th grade and other people said things I didn't like or when people were right and I knew I was wrong, I too would call them names and say mindless remarks such as you just made, it's okay though, we all grow up at our own pace.

Josh also doesn't need an Only Fans page because he makes millions of dollars per year pissing off triggered people like yourself... 🙃

I'm really sorry I made you so upset. You should spend a few more paragraphs trying to convince strangers on the internet that supporting poachers is a good thing. I'll be watching with great amusement.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Well Longdraw, mission accomplished. Its quite obvious now what your true intent was from the very beginning when you started this thread. You dangled the bait and when I nibbled you got exactly what you wanted. Im usually a lot better at identifying the trolls but congrats very tactfully done. Just like when you were given facts about peep rotation you disregard them, so will you about anything else. Your blind devotion and inherent bias is so obvious. Just understand everyone has opinions, some formulate their opinions based on factual information looking at a given issue from all sides, some dont. Your personal attacks and assumptions of AT member's might not be the best way to represent your BOWMAR brand. Its a shame that folks like you miss the entire point of this community, archers helping archers. Thank you for solidifying what I already thought about the BOWMAR brand. The manipulation and exploitation of wildlife, and new inexperienced outdoors men and women purely for financial gain, fame, and likes.

61 - 80 of 86 Posts