Archery Talk Forum banner
81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Didn't see it mentioned but............... One of the biggest problems I see causing peep rotation is that guys will put the peep in then draw the bow to adjust the peep height. Then they will have someone slide the peep up or down to adjust instead of removing the peep and re splitting the string where they want the peep. When you slide the peep you're naturally twisting the string from its natural resting point. So you're staring off with peep rotation to begin with.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Peep on the left is tied into the bowstring, by using the groove around the outside of the peep.
You can see the NATURAL size of the triangle above and below the peep.

Peep on the right, has the triangles CRUSHED, cuz the fella put in LOTS and LOTS of serving
to CRUSH the triangles SUPER SHORT, to make sure that the peep DOn't MOVE.

Well, the peep DOES move, it rotates like crazy...when you serving the peep above and below, and CRUSH the triangles. Don't matter HOW much you spend on custom bowstrings, if you serve the peep above and below to CRUSH the triangles, you just CREATED peep rotation. Not the fault of the bowstring maker.

If you just GOTTA serve in the peep,
serve ONE LEG of the upper triangle
and
serve ONE LEG of the lower triangle. DO not CRUSH the triangles above and below the peep. THEN, your pricey custom bowstring, that had ZERO peep rotation before you installed the peep, will still have ZERO peep rotation,
after you serve ONE LEG of the upper triangle on the bowstring above the peep,
and
after you serve ONE LEG of the lower triangle on the bowstring below the peep.
This looks very similar to the way Tim Gillingham ties in his peep. There are multiple videos out there that shows you how to do it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
i think they knew exactly what they were doing.
Now that i’ve heard everything that’s going on with them i have to agree with your assessment. People with good intentions don’t get into and stay into this much trouble with the law.

Nonetheless I would still buy his peep tuner again. I purchase strings from the best just like everyone else on AT 😂. Even with the best, the strings will twist ever so slightly with time. I maybe have to touch the tuner once 6 months after the initial installation. When i have to touch it more than 3 or 4 times in a month is when i know it’s probably time to get new string.

But honestly people were hating on peep tuners looong b4 the bowmars released theirs. It’s was just that when they did it people took the hate to toxic levels. Archery is my favorite hobby, i want to shoot arrows, not worry about twisting string or all this other voodoo magic people do to keep fix the virtually inevitable peep twist.

I don’t really have a budget with this hobby and i’ve been blessed with a great job so soe

·
Registered
98 Posts
Now that i’ve heard everything that’s going on with them i have to agree with your assessment. People with good intentions don’t get into and stay into this much trouble with the law.

Nonetheless I would still buy his peep tuner again. I purchase strings from the best just like everyone else on AT 😂. Even with the best, the strings will twist ever so slightly with time. I maybe have to touch the tuner once 6 months after the initial installation. When i have to touch it more than 3 or 4 times in a month is when i know it’s probably time to get new string.

But honestly people were hating on peep tuners looong b4 the bowmars released theirs. It’s was just that when they did it people took the hate to toxic levels. Archery is my favorite hobby, i want to shoot arrows, not worry about twisting string or all this other voodoo magic people do to keep fix the virtually inevitable peep twist.

I don’t really have a budget with this hobby and i’ve been blessed with a great job so soe
Dont know why my paragraph was cut off.
But i was saying if i have to spend 15-20 bucks to save time to shoot more arrows it’s a no brainer to me.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts