Archery Talk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 269 Posts

· Registered
4,605 Posts
i've known a few folks like the bowmars (as far as psychological profile).....the scary/interesting thing is they pretty much have no idea they are like this and why people react to them like they do

· can I shoot it?
17,991 Posts
Must have had a pretty good lawyer $$$ to get them off with these kind of penalties. I’d say the hit to their reputation will hurt more than the fines in the long run but who knows ……. The direction this world is headed, it may just make them more popular. Everyone is allowed their opinions but as for this old man, I’ve lost all respect for them✌🏼
They have the same lawyers as a couple high profile senators and even some of Putin’s inner circle that still conducts business in the US (bet you didn’t know high profile Russian diplomats were still allowed to business in the US did you). Just goes to show how messed up the world is in so many way.

· Registered
Hoyt RX7, Prois Hunting Apparel,Kishel's Scents
4,284 Posts
I saw they were featured on a few different shows this year i.e. Driven was out hunting one of their farms, I can't remember who else. Wonder how many will now disassociate with them. I also found it a bit odd how much he social media publicized his elbow issue (at least on Instagram and it drove me nuts, I mean as a healthcare worker, my first thought was stop touching your infected elbow with your dirty hand!)....after I just saw the recent happenings with their sentencing I thought was this done as a "feel bad for me" ploy to distract from everything else? Regardless, break the law, pay the consequences...and lose alot of followers' trust.

· Registered
3,555 Posts
i've known a few folks like the bowmars (as far as psychological profile).....the scary/interesting thing is they pretty much have no idea they are like this and why people react to them like they do
Most narcissists have zero self-awareness, these two prove it with every filmed performance.

· Registered
21 Posts
I wouldn’t be surprised if the majority of these tv hunters break laws consistently. For them it’s all about “look what I shot” in a fenced in area where you ride around in a side by side until you see the deer you want. And then for drama they get out stalk for “hours” to get behind the deer to get a shot at their “dream/once in a life time buck”. You want to impress me, go out on some state land where other yahoo’s are at and then let’s see their results. It’s gotten pretty bad when the size of the deer you shoot comes down to how much $ you’re willing to shell out. As far as I’m concerned that is not hunting. I’m done ranting now.

· Registered
1,728 Posts
How do you find out who their sponsors are

· Registered
1,728 Posts
The only way to fight people like this that are damaging to hunting and wildlife is to contact their sponsors and demand they drop them, only then does this start to change the behavior of these narcissistic people
I intend to write these companies i suggest you follow suit

Reactions: kwanjangnihm

· Registered
33 Posts
I don't want to minimize the fact that they violated game laws, but I wish we could get nearly as passionate about laws that are broken everyday that affect people. It seems the value of a deer has a higher value than human pain and suffering caused by crime. I don't know much about the Bowmar's but it seems a lot of folks on here won't be happy unless they are homeless and destitute for their indiscretions. They made mistakes but are they really bad people? Maybe they learn a lesson and turn it into something positive. Jesus said "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". Just something to think about.

· Registered
4,130 Posts
I don't want to minimize the fact that they violated game laws, but I wish we could get nearly as passionate about laws that are broken everyday that affect people. It seems the value of a deer has a higher value than human pain and suffering caused by crime. I don't know much about the Bowmar's but it seems a lot of folks on here won't be happy unless they are homeless and destitute for their indiscretions. They made mistakes but are they really bad people? Maybe they learn a lesson and turn it into something positive. Jesus said "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". Just something to think about.
One does not negate the other. I can be upset both about what the Bowmars did AND the terrible things that take place around the world every day. I guess asking if they are bad people depends on your definition of bad people. Did they kill someone? No. Are they poachers and fraudulent business people? Yes !!

Reactions: Adam634

· Registered
1,220 Posts
I wouldn’t be surprised if the majority of these tv hunters break laws consistently. For them it’s all about “look what I shot” in a fenced in area where you ride around in a side by side until you see the deer you want. And then for drama they get out stalk for “hours” to get behind the deer to get a shot at their “dream/once in a life time buck”. You want to impress me, go out on some state land where other yahoo’s are at and then let’s see their results. It’s gotten pretty bad when the size of the deer you shoot comes down to how much $ you’re willing to shell out. As far as I’m concerned that is not hunting. I’m done ranting now.
Love how people accuse other of doing wrong without proof .

101 - 120 of 269 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.