Archery Talk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 140 of 269 Posts

· Paper Hunter!!!
1,698 Posts
Would be nice if other states they try and apply for licenses in enact reciprocity with Nebraska and deny them hunting privileges. That would be great.
I really hope the other industry leaders ostracize them now that they’ve been found guilty.
I was thinking similar. Lose hunting and fishing of any type in all states.

· Ad Meliora
21,353 Posts
I don't want to minimize the fact that they violated game laws, but I wish we could get nearly as passionate about laws that are broken everyday that affect people. It seems the value of a deer has a higher value than human pain and suffering caused by crime. I don't know much about the Bowmar's but it seems a lot of folks on here won't be happy unless they are homeless and destitute for their indiscretions. They made mistakes but are they really bad people? Maybe they learn a lesson and turn it into something positive. Jesus said "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". Just something to think about.
Jesus also said “render unto Ceaser”…which I understand to imply that I should willingly pay my taxes to the government that is established to (among many things) deal with the wrong action of humans. Right or wrong, the hunting community feels violated and cheated by their actions.

· Registered
3,831 Posts
I don't want to minimize the fact that they violated game laws, but I wish we could get nearly as passionate about laws that are broken everyday that affect people. It seems the value of a deer has a higher value than human pain and suffering caused by crime. I don't know much about the Bowmar's but it seems a lot of folks on here won't be happy unless they are homeless and destitute for their indiscretions. They made mistakes but are they really bad people? Maybe they learn a lesson and turn it into something positive. Jesus said "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". Just something to think about.
Jesus also said “If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away”…. I doubt either of the narcissists are removing any part of their bodies - only adding more prosthetic enhancements hahahaha…

· Registered
199 Posts
I think it’s a distortion to think we want them homeless and destitute. It may also be false to tie the scripture you indicated as the settings and background of the two are very very different.
This is not golf.
The rules when they are broken in this game affect us all.
the laws are established and we get to voice a vote.

· Registered Elker
8,001 Posts
The big question is how much of a hard-azz the probation officer wants to be. Approval by probation might allow bows. BUT firearms.... Just being in the vehicle of a firearm constitutes possession. Even if the firearm is in locked case in the bed of truck and you have no idea it's there. They potentially can revoke probation for that but it's their probation officers discretion. Most PO's are tough at first but go easy towards the end. Then again they might have an anti-hunter as a PO and gonna be long rough ride if so.

A friend of mine was a PO for a decade.

· Registered
Prime bows, Stan SX-3 release, Victory VAP TKO & Blackeagle X-Impact arrows,Valkyrie Short Jag's.
197 Posts
Being a longtime archer & bowhunter always using a kisser button I got tired of it. I really like the nose button option & if u wear a mask hunting it's a big problem when using a kisser button. It's my only affiliation with Bomar.

· Registered
244 Posts
Well, they didn’t get mentioned by name but Rogan just publicly shamed them on his recent episode with Forrest Galante. He talked about the spearing of the black bear video and how it led to spearing getting outlawed in Alberta, and Under Armour backlash since he was wearing their gear. Also mentioned the poaching incident.

I don’t care for their content anymore but I do use their grip tape since it does improve the grip of my bowtechs. I hate their grips but love the bows.

· Registered
3,555 Posts
Do I believe they should be poor and destitute, no. However, I do believe their brand should take a significant hit and the industry needs to let them know that they continue to damage it and hunting in general with their antics.

· Registered
3,377 Posts
ttt

121 - 140 of 269 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.