Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ready To Hunt
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of buying one of these presses. Is there any reason why it would not work on Martin bows? I would use in on a 08 Slayer, 09 Moab and 08 Leopard.

I know you don't need a press for these bows but it gets old having to back the bolts out evey time you need to make a minor adjustment.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Work great on my Shadow Cat

·
Registered
11,289 Posts
There was a thread about this press just a few days ago. It had alot of good feedback. I will be getting one soon. I dont really need a full press but I think this one would be perfect.

·
Ready To Hunt
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There was a thread about this press just a few days ago. It had alot of good feedback. I will be getting one soon. I dont really need a full press but I think this one would be perfect.
Same here, I don't need a full press just for installing peeps and changing strings.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
they are nice

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
I have one that I used on my Bear bows. I've never used it since switching to Martin. There really isn't much difference in turning the limb bolts vs turning the bolt on the BM press. Also, you really should turn the limb bolt out a few turns before pressing them so...?

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
I have one that I used on my Bear bows. I've never used it since switching to Martin. There really isn't much difference in turning the limb bolts vs turning the bolt on the BM press. Also, you really should turn the limb bolt out a few turns before pressing them so...?
I am with this guy. I own this press but if I had a bow that didn't require a press I would opt not to use it. It is a great tool however.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
It's what I use.

·
Registered
11,795 Posts
If I didn't need it for a particular bow, then I probably wouldn't buy it, however, I have one that I bring with me on trips, my buddies are very thankful for it also!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts