Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, some time between 11:00 pm and 7:00 am this morning, three bows were stolen out of my garage. If you're in the Northern Alabama/Southern Tennessee area, please be on the lookout for the following.

Wifes Bow:
Camo Hoyt Kobalt 40-50#; Truglow three pin sight, sims s-coil stabilizer, QAD hunter rest, 12 PSE arrows with blue and green vanes, Scott Little Bitty Goose Release. SN for the bow is: 0500972

My Main Bow:
Black Hoyt Alphamax 35 29" 60-70#; Spot Hogg Hogg-It Seven Pin sight (pins alternating green/yellow and .010"); Black 8.5" B-Stinger Stabilizer with 11 oz wieght; Black QAD Ultra Rest; Camo Treelimb Quiver with 4 125 grain slick Trick Broadheads on Easton ACC's, and an additional 4 Easton ACC's with field points in a Camo Neet Hip Quiver ACC's have white wraps and blue/white vanes, Carter RX2 Release, Black Pro Pod, Customized string stop with STS Stopper, Blue G5 Meta Peep, and Black and Blue strings and cables, brown/black wrist sling. SN for bow is: 0587414

My Backup:
Camo Ross CR 337 with limbdriver rest. 29" 60-70#.

All total it's a little over $3300 worth of archery gear I think. With a $1500 deductible I'll be lucky to get my main bow fully replaced. Second time this has happened to me in the last five years. I've just got bad luck I guess.

Please be on the lookout on Craigslist and Ebay and any pawn shops in the area. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Last night, some time between 11:00 pm and 7:00 am this morning, three bows were stolen out of my garage. If you're in the Northern Alabama/Southern Tennessee area, please be on the lookout for the following.

Wifes Bow:
Camo Hoyt Kobalt 40-50#; Truglow three pin sight, sims s-coil stabilizer, QAD hunter rest, 12 PSE arrows with blue and green vanes, Scott Little Bitty Goose Release. SN for the bow is: 0500972

My Main Bow:
Black Hoyt Alphamax 35 29" 60-70#; Spot Hogg Hogg-It Seven Pin sight (pins alternating green/yellow and .010"); Black 8.5" B-Stinger Stabilizer with 11 oz wieght; Black QAD Ultra Rest; Camo Treelimb Quiver with 4 125 grain slick Trick Broadheads on Easton ACC's, and an additional 4 Easton ACC's with field points in a Camo Neet Hip Quiver ACC's have white wraps and blue/white vanes, Carter RX2 Release, Black Pro Pod, Customized string stop with STS Stopper, Blue G5 Meta Peep, and Black and Blue strings and cables, brown/black wrist sling. SN for bow is: 0587414

My Backup:
Camo Ross CR 337 with limbdriver rest. 29" 60-70#.

All total it's a little over $3300 worth of archery gear I think. With a $1500 deductible I'll be lucky to get my main bow fully replaced. Second time this has happened to me in the last five years. I've just got bad luck I guess.

Please be on the lookout on Craigslist and Ebay and any pawn shops in the area. Thanks.
Man that sucks. Sorry to hear about that. Hope everything works out for yah, and they catch them sorry dirt bags.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Whoa, sorry about your loss. Good lucking finding the bows and lowlifes who did it.

With repeated thefts you may want to look into getting a safe or locking cabinet. Spending $500-$1000 on a strong safe sounds like a better option than a $1500 deductible.

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
Man, that sucks !! Hope you get your rigs back.

·
Looking for a monster!
8,337 Posts
that does suck, but thanks for the reminder to write down my serial numbers for my bows. Going to do it right now. Best of luck getting your stuff back

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
sounds like someone living close to you is using you for thier own store. Maybe a home security camera is in order. Hope you can catch them.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Dude that sucks!!!! But, why don't you keep them in the house now?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First time it happened I was in College and put my bow in my truck about 10:00 at night so I could leave early in the morning for a 3D shoot. Should have known better.

This time, they were in my secured garage with a keypad entry system. Should they have been in the house, sure, but when you live in an upscale neighborhood, you can end up with a false sense of security.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Feel your pain

Makes you sick doesn't it!

Same thing happened to me Saturday morning.

Here is to getting our equipment back:darkbeer:

CounterPoint

·
SuperToon'd
11,542 Posts
maybe time to invest in a good dog..............:darkbeer: I have three and you can come in if you want to..........hehehehehehehe

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for checking the pawns. I appreciate that.

We've got a dog, but I guess she was sleeping too soundly last night to hear, she's usually right on top of it.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
seems to be a lot of that going on. sorry for loss's guys.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
And it will never end as long as these POS meth-heads continue to sell their soul for another hit. I hope all the guys who have had this happen recently get their stuff back, and the next person to try this crap gets caught, by a bullet.....:angry: Sorry, but I have no sympathy for thieves.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I have lived all over the Country and theft is a problem everywhere--upsacle or not. I now live in the Texas Lower Rio Grande Valley less than a mile from The River in a very upscale neighborhood. No matter how small and insignificant or large and expensive if it is not chained down or too heavy to cart off it will not make it a day here. Vehicles are inspected each evening for contents and those with broken into.

The moral state of the nation is declining at such a pace it is unbelievable. Vigilanteism can not be far away.

Sorry for your loss. My safe has protected wife's jewelery and my sporting weapons(bows and guns) on the 2 occassions we have been burgled. Well worth the $1500.00 cost.

Marc:darkbeer::smile::darkbeer:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts