Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

Has anyone here every shot a Martin Jaguar compund bow before. If so how do you like the bow. Do you think that it would be a good started bow.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I actually shot one last week! A friend of mine from church bought it at Bass Pro, they rigged it up for him and I fixed it so it would shoot! :D :D Anyway I think it would be a nice starter bow, just make sure you go somewhere or talk to the right people here to get a bow that FITS YOU! Good Luck!

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
The Martin Jaguar is an excellent starter bow, and even a good mid price bow. It is not as light or as "pretty" as the higher priced bows, and I believe the riser is cast and not machined, but it shoots well. I got one for my son and my oldest daughter. My son took 2nd in the NFAA Nationals in Darrington with it several years ago (junior - he was 17 if I remember) and my daughter shot so much better than her college Archery teacher with one that the teacher turned the class over to her. :eek:

But I agree with the above post, get one that fits you. No bow can or will shoot corectly if you are not properly fitted. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts