Archery Talk Forum banner

Bows...........

833 Views 10 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  davydtune
Alright this is a serious question not really looking for what brand is better. I'm going to be picking up a new bow, not like I need one but hell I want one. I have a few that I'm leaning towards and I want to know which ones you all have shot and liked the best. The ones I'm considering are: Martin Slayer X (CAT cams), Bowtech 82nd Air Born, & Elite GT500. I'm going to shoot all of them first but I'd like to hear some opinions and the speeds you are getting. Thanks.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
4,178 Posts
So you're a speed freak.:wink:

Of the 3 mentioned, I would go with the Slayer. But I haven't ever shot the GT500 so can't say I would rule it out. I didn't like the 82nd when I shot it.

Have you tried the Katera?

Personally I would wait another month and try the 09 models out before deciding.

· Registered
580 Posts
Haven't shot any of those mentioned but an aquaintance of mine has the Slayer and I just think that his bow is super loud to the point of being annoying.

· Registered
9,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So you're a speed freak.:wink:

Of the 3 mentioned, I would go with the Slayer. But I haven't ever shot the GT500 so can't say I would rule it out. I didn't like the 82nd when I shot it.

Have you tried the Katera?

Personally I would wait another month and try the 09 models out before deciding.
Actually I'm not really a speed freak it just my draw length is 27-1/2" and I want to push a 450 to 500 grain arrow a little faster than what I'm getting with sub 325 fps IBO bows. I what to shoot through trains!:wink:

· Registered
988 Posts
New Bow!!

Davy. all great bows. I presonally shoot an Elite Z28 for the simple fact that I mainly hunt only. Every now and then I will go with a few of my buddies and shoot indoor 3D.
I am shooting 61.5Lbs at 28" with a 337 Grain hunting arrow right at 299-300 FPS. I am pretty pleased with that and this is by far the best bow that I have ever shot. It was between the DXT, GT 500 or the Z28. They all shot great, I just chose the Z it was more shock free than the DXT IMO and because I hunt more than anything else.

Shoot them all to see what feels best to you. Best of Luck and I hope you like you new bow. Doug

· Registered
2,313 Posts
Dont know about 2 of them but didnt care for the 82nd just wasnt there for me . awaiting 09" hoyt superhawk:wink:

· JB WELD PRO STAFFER
13,675 Posts
82 nd was pretty impressive but I fet every pound plus a couple that were not there when I shot it! If I where looking for the speed deal I would go with the XFORCE which was actually pretty smooth to me and pretty quite as well!

· Get out and shoot!
3,807 Posts
I've been a Hoyt guy and last year I bought a Vulcan. It was a great shooter and very fast. But I actually found it to fast for my liking...I like 5 pin sights...20,30,40,50,60. The Vulcan made me try a slider sight which I didn't like. (I never thought of getting a heavier arrow) So I sold it and bought an Old Glory in target color. I regreted the color and traded for a Justice which was the smoothest bow I ever shot. I loved it until I put a new string/cable and now she's messed up. So I'm back to the '03 Havoctec. The thing is dialed in and always shoots great. 287fps is perfect speed for me. It's a killing machine. But next summer I'll get that Diamond dialed in and think I'll like it more. And being from Wisconsin, I'm going to Have to buy a Switchback (to support the local business) But the old Havoctec will always be with me until I die as well as many others.:wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.