Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive noticed latly in my shooting the further i get from the target the more issue i have with my arrow tip wanting to hold higher than where it needs to be for my gap. Sometimes i can get it down to where it needs to be while others i just wanna drive on by. Generally speaking when i draw my point is always to the right anf high of the spot i want to hit. I know this is tp , but i m curious as to what form flaw is causing it.bow shoulder rising possibly? Like i said it always wants to hold high, when i do get it where i want it ,it always drifts back up. Any ideas??

·
Civil but Disobedient
7,192 Posts
Try this exercise,

Tell yourself that you are not going to shoot the bow.

Draw and see if you can set your gap.

Let down.

Now try it again with the intent to shoot.

If I do this exercise I can put my point anywhere I like without problem, as long as I tell myself I am not going to shoot. If I change my mind and decide to shoot while the bow is already drawn, I will freeze below the spot.

The only remedy that works for me is focusing totally on form. It mostly goes away. I float up now, but often have to push, which can result in an unbalanced release.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
I'd like to see you shoot.

Explain the logic of starting the draw below the target and when you start to aim, being above (and right) the target. Just a basic answer to that is wasted energy.

I'd guess there's a flaw in your 'set up' position. When you start your draw you should be some where close to on target with your bow arm.

You might be over bowed. But I didn't see a vid.

Bowmania

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
You could bend/pivot at the waist, and put your float anywhere you like. You could check and make sure you aren't running a bunch of neg tiller, but I bet you aren't. Lunger

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This afternoon i put more thought into setup as well as grtting better alignment. That helped substantially,but i was still coming to the target right of point of aim my height is alot closet to where it should be.but the right thing is still plaguing me.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
We can't see you, but try closing your stance a little. Draw an imaginary line from target through both boot heels. This will help your shoulder line up with the target better, assuming you're right handed.
Get back to us no matter what the fix ends up being. Other people probably have a similar problem, and need answers too. Wishing you the best, Mark

·
Registered
43 Posts
Maybe get an extra light bow to practice your draw and gap hold with. Build up that muscle memory and control.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
On target bows, tiller is often used to adjust the direction of the float of the sight on the target. You might want to check that out. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts