Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the flemish style bowstring for my Excalibur Exocet 200. Any thought?
Eugene Baer

·
Vendor
5,694 Posts
X3
Wyvern

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm also looking for a string for my phoenix ,is there a problum with the Excalibur flemish dyna flight string, I would like to try one, I can reserve myself if needed...and I do agree BOO's strings are very good.....thanks, Ron

·
Incureable tinkerer
4,257 Posts
Absolutely nothing wrong, I've been using one on and off for several years and have reserved it several times. It's made of Dynaflite so tends to stretch until broken in, you'll have to shorten it (by twisting) when the brace height falls too low.
BTW, give .030 Halo a try when reserving and be sure to put it on VERY tight, preferably on a very stretched string.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Cossack, thanks for the reply I am going to try one. I use a string stretcher to make endless loop strings, how much tension should I use on a flemish string when I need to reserve. I would think that to much tension would pull a flemish string apart at the loops... thanks,,, Ron

·
Incureable tinkerer
4,257 Posts
Tight as you can get it. I use a cradle (2x4 base, braced metal ends) with a stationary hook on one end and a turnbuckle on the other, to crank it up so a 20 lb weight barely deflects the string (not kidding). Don't worry, a well make Flemish won't pull apart. In fact, not being split in two at the ends, it's STRONGER than an endless loop string. I've used em on a 225 lb pull weight bow.

Note: Be sure that you don't unwind the string when you stretch it by allowing either end of the stretcher to rotate. And wind your serving in the same direction as the twist in the string run. I serve mine while the stretched string is 2-3 twists less than when applied to the bow. That way the serving only tightens then the sting is wound to brace height.

·
Incureable tinkerer
4,257 Posts
Can't ague that point kbarr1. Even though I make my own, the Man was very helpful in getting me started. Very unselfish person, to say the least.
That said, even Boo strings will need reserving eventually.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Cossack, thanks for the advice. I picked up the string today and put it on at abit higher brace, going to let it settle overnite and maybe draw back and let it sit for a few hours tomorow.So far i like this string, going to shoot this string and the excel string thru crono to see speed differance. I still will order a BOO string for the qualty and color choice.... Thanks ,, Ron

·
Incureable tinkerer
4,257 Posts
Just shoot it Ron, best way to get a string to 'settle in' then adjust it's length as necessary

·
Registered
190 Posts
Phoenix - 453gr. arrow , 1 1/8th end of rail to string... EXCEL-274fps. Flemish dynaflite-286fps....12fps. Couldn't tell much differance in noise level in my small basement, this bow doesn't sound that loud to me, I love this bow..... Thanks , Ron.

·
Incureable tinkerer
4,257 Posts
That's in line with the difference in speed I get from my 2 Excals when using a 400 gr arrow.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hey Cossack, let me know if you got my reply to your PM . I'm non real good on computers and thats my first PM ,, And my wifes asleep so she couldn't help me :p Ron

1 - 17 of 17 Posts