Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ProString on my bow its not a month old yet.I noticed right above the centerserving there's one strand of string that has seperated from the other group of strands.Can someone tell me what to do.I tried adding a few twists but that didnt help.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I had many strings from Prostring that the serving came apart on so we switched to Vapor Trails and have had no problems. Twin Arrows

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
You've had a strand of the fiber break. There are 2 looses ends in that bundle. You can extend the center serving to cover the break or put a short serving over it to hold it in place. Not knowing why this has happened is the rub in this case. I wouldn't use such a string unless it was an emergency. It's possible there's something wrong that could lead to a complete failure. I'd replace it as soon as possible.

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
It is only one seperation. Its not cool and usually because the center serve was put on too loosely. If its affecting your bows performance by slippage of your nok point, or if you just don't like it that way, have it reserved. It doesn't cost all that much and may help you avoid a future problem that might happen!

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
that was the first after market string i ever tried ! serving was loose came off the next day! never tried it again. VTX is all i will use now. good luck! O-ya I did call them about it they said I must of had to many twist in the string!! well maybe if it did'nt streach I would'nt have had that many in it!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts