Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have brown .200 limb pivots on my 06 Allegiance, would it hurt to put in the .230 extra high pivots? Like to gain a pound or two and slightly shorting (1/8 inch) the draw lenght by taking a few twists out the cables. I know I could raise my lbs by twisting my cables, but it also increase draw lenght. Will this work?

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Rodney said:
I have brown .200 limb pivots on my 06 Allegiance, would it hurt to put in the .230 extra high pivots? Like to gain a pound or two and slightly shorting (1/8 inch) the draw lenght by taking a few twists out the cables. I know I could raise my lbs by twisting my cables, but it also increase draw lenght. Will this work?

Since it came with .200 pivots it's best not to alter it so the warranty remains intact.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
It was always my understanding that this is how they compensated for differences in limb strength at the factory (Ex: If limbs tested on the low side of thier draw weight install tall pivots) It should not hurt anything to install the tall pivots and you should as you said gain approx 3 lbs.
BD

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bowtec Dually, I figured this was what I needed I don't want to put more twists in the cables I'm aready at 5 dots plus I don't want to increase my draw lenght. The bow was 70.8 max with 5.5 out the box now its 69.7 lbs, do limbs have to lose slight poundage from new?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts